Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Busch Gardens

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have not been there since I was a child. If someone is not a fan of rollercoasters (my son and I) what else is there to do there? 

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:55 AM

This is for the one in Williamsburg.

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM

not sure..we went yesterday..they had alot to do..how old is your son?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

he is 10.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM

they have a huge play area but i think its more for the younger kids...they have games and such as well..if hes not into the rides then i would not waste my money because its expensive if you dont have season passes

Quoting virginiamama71:

he is 10.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We may ride some rides but not all of them. I thought maybe they would have shows, and animals. My cousin said the one in Florida has that.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

they have a huge play area but i think its more for the younger kids...they have games and such as well..if hes not into the rides then i would not waste my money because its expensive if you dont have season passes

Quoting virginiamama71:

he is 10.

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

TJ_Jasons_mummy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Jason is still small to ride the rollercoasters. He was upset that he couldnt and found the day pretty boring. We are going again this summer hopefully his grown more. 

Xat
by Amanda on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I'm not sure, I haven't been since I was little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Lara on May. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I don't know how old your son is, but they have Land of the Dragons for the little guys and also the Sesame Street section with rides for younger kids and a water area.   They also have some kids rides in Italy that aren't roller coasters that my kids enjoy. 

My oldest and I don't ride, so we usually wander around while DH and DS2 ride stuff.  They do have a show at Oktoberfest, they have wolves, bald eagles, I *think* they have a show with other animals during certain times and of course, the Clydesdales.  My boys were especially impressed with the size of their poop.  LOL

ETA:  Just saw he's ten, which is the same age as my son.  He can still ride the kids rides and have fun.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

He is 10.

thanks

Quoting lwalker270:

I don't know how old your son is, but they have Land of the Dragons for the little guys and also the Sesame Street section with rides for younger kids and a water area.   They also have some kids rides in Italy that aren't roller coasters that my kids enjoy. 

My oldest and I don't ride, so we usually wander around while DH and DS2 ride stuff.  They do have a show at Oktoberfest, they have wolves, bald eagles, I *think* they have a show with other animals during certain times and of course, the Clydesdales.  My boys were especially impressed with the size of their poop.  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)