Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WYR - Plane or Train

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

Train.

I only been on the train once overseas and would like to travel more by train. 

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kellbel08
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM

probably train.

TJ_Jasons_mummy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Plane

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to take a train ride, I've never been on one, other than the metro but that doesn't count to me ;-)

chillemi78
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I typically travel long distances by plane, but did do Amtrak's Northest Direct between D.C. And Providence, R.I. A couple times. I would love to do a days long trip in a sleeping cabin of a train sometime.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I would like to try the sleeping cabins too.

Quoting chillemi78:

I typically travel long distances by plane, but did do Amtrak's Northest Direct between D.C. And Providence, R.I. A couple times. I would love to do a days long trip in a sleeping cabin of a train sometime.

dingysfamily
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I grew up riding the train.  My dad was the asst. station master at Union Station in DC, so we had passes and rode for free most of the time.  My mom & I rode the train to MS & AL every summer to visit family; when my dad took off & went with us however, we drove.  He wanted his car with him because he would take off and go play golf and he didn't want to have to borrow anyone's car; but the biggest thing was ... there was no way he was going to put his golf clubs lose on a train ... they had to be where he could keep an eye on them.  They went in the trunk of the car, before our luggage and the luggage, well, it better not be more than could fit because luggage would be left behind before the golf clubs!!  I loved traveling by train and never flew at all until I was in my early 30's.  I'm now 64 and still have only flown about 3-4 times.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I've never traveled by train so I can't really say.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)