Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Moms Virginia Moms

Do you have a favorite bakery you shop at?  Someone you get to make your cakes or sweets?  Where is it and how did you find it? 

In the Richmond area we have many to choose from but for cupcakes, Frostings is a favorite of mine.  If we are ordering a basic cake, I still love the Ukrop's bakery.  

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-15):
anxiousschk
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM

We've been there a few times.  I keep wanting to like their items more than I do.  Their cream cheese anything is way too strong for me.  

I still want to get over to WPA bakery in Church Hill.  

Someone else Mentioned Montana Gold and I love their breads -- especially the King Cake they do for Mardi Gras.  

Quoting xanadu96:

Have you ever been to Pearl's Cupcake Shoppe? It's on Grove by The Blue Goat and has a wonderful variety of flavors, including GF. I like Frostings but their frosting is a bit too sweet for me. My niece went to college with one of the owners.

Quoting anxiousschk:

Do you have a favorite bakery you shop at?  Someone you get to make your cakes or sweets?  Where is it and how did you find it? 

In the Richmond area we have many to choose from but for cupcakes, Frostings is a favorite of mine.  If we are ordering a basic cake, I still love the Ukrop's bakery.  

mlegreenberg
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I usually make my kids a bday cake but if Im ever buying one I like Bakers Kitchen. I think its even better than Ukrops. (in Richmond)

CafeMom Tickers
KelliansMom
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Paul's bakery in Fredericksburg. Everytime I come home to visit I have to get something from his place.
garjain
by garjain on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mombare:

I wish I could find someplace to get our sweets from. Because Tori is allergic to eggs, we end up having to make everything we need/want. My sister in law's sister in law has a minor bakery, and I have asked her if she could make something for Tori's birthday.

Try and see if you can find any Indian bakery, they make stuff without eggs, as lot of Indians don't eat eggs.

BeachyBreeze81
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:15 AM
If I don't bake goodies, we like to go to Paul's bakery in Fredericksburg. Their cake and donuts are really good!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)