Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you....

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

hula hoop?

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I used to be able to hula hoop pretty good, but not so much anymore I don't think.

egyptian_mommy
by Michelle on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Yes. Yes I can.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Learned something new...I did not know about using different sizes.
Quoting dingysfamily:

I used to be able to hula hoop pretty good, but not so much anymore I don't think.

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, i can keep it up on my waist and i'm learning a few tricks- i can turn in a circle now and twirl the hoop on my hand at my side but i'm not very good at keeping it over my head. i'm also working on getting my arms down by my side and working the hoop upwards. i made my hoop last summer, so i've been working on this off and on for a year now.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Have you tried the hoola hoop fitness classes?
Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

yes, i can keep it up on my waist and i'm learning a few tricks- i can turn in a circle now and twirl the hoop on my hand at my side but i'm not very good at keeping it over my head. i'm also working on getting my arms down by my side and working the hoop upwards. i made my hoop last summer, so i've been working on this off and on for a year now.

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM
no, i tried seeing if any YMCA's near me offer any, but they don't. i've found some good tutorials on youtube though, and they've been super helpful :) i have very poor coordination and i don't practice with any regularity so it's been slow-going for me, hahaha!
Quoting virginiamama71:

Have you tried the hoola hoop fitness classes?
Quoting MaMaLaLa369:

SabrinaLC
by Sabrina on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't tried in years.

I want to though, I hear it's a great workout

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)