Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Virginia Sales Tax Holiday: School Supplies and Clothing

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

When: First full weekend of August (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) each year. This year the holiday will take place August 2-4, 2013.

What's Exempt: During this three-day period, purchases of qualifying school supplies selling for $20 or less per item, and purchases of qualifying clothing and footwear selling for $100 or less per item will be exempt from sales tax. Retailers may also choose to absorb the tax on other items during the holiday period, but they are responsible for paying the tax on those items to the Department of Taxation.

Other Information:

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlb456
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Thank you for that!! This will be ds first year in school and ive been wondering what weekend this was going to happen.. to bad i still dont have his list for supplies :/
mlb456
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Thank you for that!! This will be ds first year in school and ive been wondering what weekend this was going to happen.. to bad i still dont have his list for supplies :/
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Looking forward to it!! Friday we are SHOPPING!! 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Some schools post the list of supplies on their website.

Quoting mlb456:

mlb456
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Ill have to check that out thank you again

Quoting virginiamama71:

Some schools post the list of supplies on their website.

Quoting mlb456:

NovaChick26
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM

lol this weekend is bitter sweet for I work retail so its going to be a crazy stressfull weekend at work but I cant wait till i get off on sunday to hit the sales for my DD back to school clothes. Also just a tip a lot of retailers are having additional sales and coupons make sure you remember coupons it really does help.

MaMaLaLa369
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM
thanks for the info! i wish i had time to go shopping this weekend, we never seem to be able to take advantage of these sorts of deals.
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Coupons really did help me!! I went to the childrens place and got a bunch of clothes for $40 and got $20 back to use next month on clothes plus I saved over $50 by buying their sales items and my coupon! I spent about $80 total for clothes and shoes by using coupons, sales and clearence items and discounts(employee discount at one store and military duscount at another)

Quoting NovaChick26:

lol this weekend is bitter sweet for I work retail so its going to be a crazy stressfull weekend at work but I cant wait till i get off on sunday to hit the sales for my DD back to school clothes. Also just a tip a lot of retailers are having additional sales and coupons make sure you remember coupons it really does help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motamaid
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM
They don'tgive them out you have to download them from the wwebsites.

Quoting mlb456:

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

We already had all the school supplies.  But we got the kids new shoes and some clothes to wear the first day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)