Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Zoos, Aquariums and Wildlife Preserves in Ohio

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your favorite zoos, aquariums and wildlife preserves in Ohio?

What do you like about these places?

If you have pictures, please share them!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsblissmas
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I've never been to either of those but I've been to the Cleveland Zoo a few times.

johnny4ever
by Tracy on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM

We just went to Toledo Zoo!We had my sons 9th Birthday there!

mjp2707
by Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Cincinnati zoo is great. The edge of Appalacia preserve is supposed to be awesome. The Cincinnati nature preserve is pretty great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by Misha on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I have to Cleveland Zoo & Columbus Zoo, they both have rainforests. I like the zoo, period.

redhead-bedhead
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM
I love the Cincinnati Zoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gavin423
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We just went to the African Safari Wildlife Park for the first time this summer. It was great, my kiddos loved it. We also frequent the Cleveland and Toledo Zoos. We've been to Akron but it's a bit small to be worth the drive for us. We're planning to hit Cleveland and Columbus next summer once DD2 is here.

Of them all, I think Toledo is my favorite.

Edit to Add: Here are some of the furries you encounter at the African Safari Wildlife Park. It was pretty cool but there was a LOT of slobber, lol.

mommyandthree
by Tammie on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
We live the Columbus Zoo! By far the best around IMO:)
mommyfrey83
by Tianna on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM

The Columbus Zoo is really great I just wish we lived a little closer to it. The Newport Aquarium is very nice as well. There are restrictions on stroller use though so if you have little one's be sure to check  if you can bring a stroller on the day you plan to go. 

gavin423
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Quoting mommyfrey83:

The Columbus Zoo is really great I just wish we lived a little closer to it. The Newport Aquarium is very nice as well. There are restrictions on stroller use though so if you have little one's be sure to check  if you can bring a stroller on the day you plan to go. 

The Newport Aquarium is great, I agree!! I went there years ago and from what I've seen on their website, they've only improved it over time. I keep meaning to get my kiddos there but we never do make it all the way out there. :(

DirtyHippyMama
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I have only been to the Cleve & Akron zoo's. Cleveland is decent, Akron is so small. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)