Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Where are your favorite ice cream shops?

Posted by   + Show Post

Besides Dairy Queen I always liked the Dalton Dari-ette on Route 30 in Dalton and when I was a little kid Zips in Akron was awesome! They had every kind of choice of everything ice cream and you could get your ice cream served in mini sports helmets. It closed, I believe when the owner passed away. I miss that place so much.

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Replies (11-18):
gumbeme06
by Sara on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM

the silver spoon (it's frozen yogurt but same thing haha)

and cold stone but that's not really an ohio thing haha

Becky357
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM
My hubby was the herdsman for a dairy that sold their milk to toft's. We took our girls there a few years ago to see the mural on the wall...the cow on it with the #38 tag was a cow at the dairy he worked at and was like a pet there.

Quoting johnny4ever:

Tofts in Sandusky!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky357
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM
My hubby and I went to Guerne a lot when we went to college at ati. We also liked Hartslers (?sp) near Wooster too.

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

Guerne Dairy in Wooster, Taggarts in Canton, Milk & Honey in Canton, Mary Coyle in Akron. MMMMM! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DirtyHippyMama
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM

oooh forgot about Hartzlers! Awesome place!

Quoting Becky357:

My hubby and I went to Guerne a lot when we went to college at ati. We also liked Hartslers (?sp) near Wooster too.

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

Guerne Dairy in Wooster, Taggarts in Canton, Milk & Honey in Canton, Mary Coyle in Akron. MMMMM! 

Becky357
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Bloomville for ice cream! They are cheap and the portions are huge. If you get a large I think it's 2.50 and you get at least a foot of ice cream on your cone. A small has about 7 or 8 inches of ice cream. It's so fun to watch people get their large cone that have never been there before and seeing their reaction and watching them try to eat it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheez1e
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Dairy Bar here makes some yummy blizzards (Wizards they call them). And the cones they make are a really good size.

honeyb690
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Katies corner in howland
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

We only have a Dairy Queen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN