Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Are You Worried About Libya?

On Tuesday, four Americans were killed in an attack on the U.S Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Among the dead was the U.S Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.

According to CNN, "On Tuesday night, protesters were outside the consulate in Benghazi, demonstrating against the video "Innocence of Muslims," which reportedly was made in California by a producer whose identity is unclear.

Eventually, a group of heavily armed militants "infiltrated the march to start chaos," according to Libyan Deputy Interior Minister Wanis al-Sharif.

Initial reports indicate the four-hour assault began around 10 p.m. as attackers pelted the U.S. Consulate complex's main compound with gunfire and rocket-propelled grenades. Within 15 minutes, the gunmen entered the building."  

When it was over four Americans were dead.

President Obama has vowed in statement given from the Rose Garden that we "will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act - and make no mistake, justice will be done."

This story definitely scares me. Libya is unstable and ripe for extremists to try and shake things up. It always happens when a government is fragile, which Libya is as it tries to build its own Democracy after the U.S. supported overthrow of dictator Momar Ghadaffi. But I feel confident that The President's word is good. The Americans killed in this attack deserve swift justice to be served. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me that we are at risk of warring in yet another country.

What do you think the President should do? And are you worried about extremists uprising in Libya? 

© iStockphoto.com/[ Marcio Silva]

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (21-23):
Jambo4
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Quoting froggynow3:

Im worried about the military men and women who are over there, including my sister in law. Her base is on complete lockdown. I think we need to get the hell out of there!!!

That is scary!  I hope and pray they will be okay.

TheFamilyPants
by Member on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting froggynow3:

Im worried about the military men and women who are over there, including my sister in law. Her base is on complete lockdown. I think we need to get the hell out of there!!!

That is so scary! I pray she will be safe along with all of our military men and women there. 

arpazia
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Well said!
I tried google.

Quoting TheFamilyPants:

I'm wondering on sources for that meme up there too. I could take that and make it say that Obama is the Tooth Fairy but that doesn't make it true ;)

It's pretty inflamatory to insinuate that the POTUS doesn't care about the deaths of these Americans. And silly really. I was not a Bush fan. Not at all but I would never ever proclaim that he was so heartless as to not care about the victims of 9/11 in favor of say golfing or hanging out with Charelton Heston or Clint Eastwood.

This kind of thing serves to agitate but distracts from actual issues. And I'm guessing it's extremely distorted.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN