Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Effective way to get their message across?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM
  • 22 Replies

A Cincinnati couple has bought ads on billboards attacking the Presidents health care mandate.

Do you think this is an effective way to get their message across?

Do you think these billboards will make a difference?

by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jambo4
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this

"Attacking" seems like a harsh word for pointing out a truth of Obamacare.

I think it's wonderful that they have the funds to put behind their opinion.  Many don't.  I'd rather private citizens put out billboards than super-pacts that nobody knows exactly who is putting out the message.

I've read there are 30 or so lawsuits filed all over the nation over the mandates imposed by Obamacare.  This isn't an isolated belief.

ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I think since this has already gone to the supreme court and the decisions made are final there are better ways to spend ones money. That being said it's not my money, my position to judge and we're all entitled to our opinions and beliefs. If they're that passionate about it i don't see how it can hurt anything. Do i think it's a waste of funds, yes. Do i think it's an effective method, probably. Do i think they will make a difference, no. But again, it can't hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dilateyourmind
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I think people need to STFU and stop trying to convince others to think like them. I wonder how many peoel they could have helped, with the cost of th ebillbaord. But hey, they are to busy being selfish about THEIR RIGHTS!

BengalsN.Browns
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Billboards are a pretty effective way to reach people, especially billboards like those. I dont know if it will make a difference, but it is attention grabbing.

ms-superwoman
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM
i.heart.myboys
by Amber on Sep. 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I think it would just be a bit harsh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artistmom889
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My mom always says 'I may not agree with you but I defend with my life your right to feel that way"

It's not like Obamacare supporters aren't out there telling us why they're right.If you allow one side a voice you need to allow the other or you're stepping on everything dear to our democratic republic's founders

arpazia
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Attention grabbing? Yup!
Effective? Lol!!! No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I do think it will make a difference. Maybe not with this election but just the fact that people are tired of campaign ads and are doing there own thing.... I think its a great idea!

mem82
by Representative on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I think billboards are a bit trashy, honestly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN