Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Cuts. Tax Cuts. Tax Cuts

Posted by   + Show Post

While campaigning in Ohio yesterday, the President was having a bit of fun with Mitt Romneys plan for tax cuts.

Here is the video.

I admit, I had to giggle when the President said "Want to drop a few extra pounds? Try a tax cut."

What do you think of the President inserting a bit of humor in his speeches?

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-19):
midgeend
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM

He's super charming!  It's funny, it really is.  And, it's not like he's making it up.   The republican answer to everything is a tax cut.  

mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

"you don't need the new iPhone, try a tax cut!'

LOL.

Mom2Just1
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Me too.  It makes him human.  

Quoting BengalsN.Browns:

Heehee. It was kind of amusing. I like that he can be down to earth and not so serious all the time.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

midgeend
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

From what I was hearing awhile ago, they were saying that there is someone who actually writes his speeches at a 5th grade level because that's what most of the US can understand. That doesn't make sense to me. I understand that there are people that haven't graduated High School, but that doesn't mean they stopped at 5th grade.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Exactly!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I love how he talks to the people.... he doesn't dumb it down.... he talks REAL.

But...just because a person graduated high school, doesn't mean they communicate better than a fifth grader.  

I think it's important to attempt to speak to the whole electorate at the same time, at certain times.  Of course, the approach changes depending on the audience, any good public speaker knows that...but when it's a stump speech that is going to be televised everywhere, it's good to speak to the lowest common denominator.  

iluv2read
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM

I like the lighter approach sometimes and it definitely makes the speech more entertaining.

mostlymaydays
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM
As a journalism graduate I can also attest that newspaper stories are also supposed to be written at that level, at best.

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

From what I was hearing awhile ago, they were saying that there is someone who actually writes his speeches at a 5th grade level because that's what most of the US can understand. That doesn't make sense to me. I understand that there are people that haven't graduated High School, but that doesn't mean they stopped at 5th grade.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Exactly!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

I love how he talks to the people.... he doesn't dumb it down.... he talks REAL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM
It really makes it easier to follow. Maybe that's just me :D

Quoting iluv2read:

I like the lighter approach sometimes and it definitely makes the speech more entertaining.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:35 PM
*giggle* still funny!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

"you don't need the new iPhone, try a tax cut!'

LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Honest and charming!
Win win:D

Quoting midgeend:

He's super charming!  It's funny, it really is.  And, it's not like he's making it up.   The republican answer to everything is a tax cut.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)