Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Survey says: Ohioans are Better Off

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM
  • 22 Replies

A recent survey of Central Ohioans by JPMorgan Chase & Co. and nonprofit credit counseling service Apprisen is showing that Ohioans are doing better financially today than they were a few years ago. The survey also suggests that the vast majority of Ohioans (74%) believe that their local economies are stable. If you add those results with the fact that home sales in central Ohio are up a whopping twelve percent and climbing higher. It all seems to suggest that Ohio is climbing out of the recession faster than the rest of the nation with national rates hovering around 67% of people believing their local economy is stable or upwardly mobile. The rate of homes selling hasn't been this high since 2007 (Before the Great Recession). Jobs are on the rise and the unemployment rate is on a steady decline (down from 9% to 7.2% in the last year). Many experts are optimistic that these are signs of long term recovery.

I have wondered when we will officially see an end to the Great Recession. I wonder what year we will look back and say to our kids, " ___ was the year it all got better". I think because we are in the middle of it, it's hard to see the forest for the trees. My family is still struggling but we are better off than we were just last year or the year before. It's not easy right now by any stretch. But I was encouraged today when I saw these articles on Ohio and how we Ohioans are pulling ourselves up by the bootstraps.

What about you? Are you feeling any relief yet? Are you better off today than you were in 2008? 

© iStockphoto.com/[Catherine Yeulet]

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Thankfully we werent hit by the recession at all, but were much much better off then we were in 2008. We bought our first home in April of this year.

TheFamilyPants
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Congratulations on your new home!

liveforever
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Quoting TheFamilyPants:

Congratulations on your new home!

Thank you!

LancesMom
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM

goodLets hope it stays that way! (or gets even better!)

mom_to_travis
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Right!

Quoting LancesMom:

goodLets hope it stays that way! (or gets even better!)

midgeend
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM

hmmm...that's really interesting.  What kind of manufacturing, or business is in Ohio?  I wonder what the difference is there from other parts of the country? 

BengalsN.Browns
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
It is very encouraging. I don't need to tell anyone how difficult the past few years have been for many of us. I am just thankful that we can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
straightNnAERO
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I think this is great! We're doing better off than we were in 2008. Here's to a better tomorrow!!

SavdNSanctified
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Send that to Mr. Romney =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM

LOL, Right? ;)

Quoting SavdNSanctified:

Send that to Mr. Romney =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)