Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

President Obama on Letterman!!

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

The President was on David Letterman the other night.

In the interview he addressed Mitt Romney's '47%' comment.

What do you think of the President's remarks?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BengalsN.Browns
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM
I thought the presidents response was perfect.
I like how he adressed the 47% that didn't vote for him in 08.
I truly feel as he cares about all Americans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
straightNnAERO
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:20 PM

He wasn't saying he wouldn't represent the entjre country. People need to listen to ALL of what he said and keep it in the WHOLE CONTEXT in which he meant it. Instead they hear part of it and run with it.

midgeend
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Quoting straightNnAERO:

He wasn't saying he wouldn't represent the entjre country. People need to listen to ALL of what he said and keep it in the WHOLE CONTEXT in which he meant it. Instead they hear part of it and run with it.

I have listened to the whole thing.  It's pretty bad, and there's not much defense of it.  Republican leadership is hiding from it, Paul Ryan said that Romney was inarticulate.  Romney's campaign contributions are already dropping off.  

straightNnAERO
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah, I'm glad you did. Most people don't seem to have.

Personally, I'm with this article - And Just What Was Wrong With What Mitt Romney Said?.

Quoting midgeend:

Quoting straightNnAERO:

I have listened to the whole thing.  It's pretty bad, and there's not much defense of it.  Republican leadership is hiding from it, Paul Ryan said that Romney was inarticulate.  Romney's campaign contributions are already dropping off.  

itsmesteph11
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Everything is good.  Nuthin to worry about             eye rolling

itsmesteph11
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 2:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting BengalsN.Browns:

I thought the presidents response was perfect.
I like how he adressed the 47% that didn't vote for him in 08.
I truly feel as he cares about all Americans.

sidesplittinglaughter

mom_to_travis
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM

The president's remarks regarding romney's ignorant comments were spot on.  He handled it with class.  It would have been easy for him to rake romney over the coals but he didn't do that.  "There's nothing wrong with us giving each other a helping hand."  "If you want to be president and you want to bring people together I think that's the attitude you need to have."  I agree, Mr. President!

mom2jessnky
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I never stay up late enough to watch any late night shows. I fell asleep watching Survivor last night. *sigh*

arpazia
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
He took the high road :) and I agree too!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

The president's remarks regarding romney's ignorant comments were spot on.  He handled it with class.  It would have been easy for him to rake romney over the coals but he didn't do that.  "There's nothing wrong with us giving each other a helping hand."  "If you want to be president and you want to bring people together I think that's the attitude you need to have."  I agree, Mr. President!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM
We are getting old:O

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I never stay up late enough to watch any late night shows. I fell asleep watching Survivor last night. *sigh*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)