Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms
For those that have been to hocking hills.....how large is it as far as thr hiking trails...day trip or better ofg weekend trip? And are there otjer camp grounds in the area other than the state park one?

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated. Trying to make a cheap family getaway...not sure on making it a weekenf trip or just a day trip....going this weekend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
I love hocking hills! But it is definitely not family friendly on many trails. Don't get me wrong, there are hikinh trails for kids. But do your research befpre going. There are many trails down in the canyons that are extremely dangerous. And I've been there before when it's 80 degrees on land and down in the canyons it's coveted in ice. So seeings as it's already getting cooler dress warm. I went with my family as a kid and had lots of fun, and I've gone several times as an adult and done the more dangerous trails. Just research and read before you go. As for other camping areas I'm not sure I've always stayed in the cabins. I would vote weekend getaway, not a day trip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I want to go

johnny4ever
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Anybody got pics?

ncoates04
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncoates04

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncoates04

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncoates04
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncoates04
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 2:17 PM
We decided to go for the day...camp grounds were pretty full and we were really tired...we hiked 8 miles...it was me, mh dh, my ds6, dd2, and dd1....i had dd1 in a carrier and dd 2 hiked all but about a mile...i was definatly surprised....my ds6 is severe adhd and the beginning was difficult...but for the first time in his life we actually wore him out....overall it was a good trip we hiked from oldman cave to cedar falls then we went back...i wishe there were shuttles between the parks...once we got back we drove up to ash cave then to the rock house.....next time we will drive to each of the parks because hiking the length took alot out of us...also by driving we can go to more of the parks and enjoy more of the trails at each of the parks..as well as get to more parks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KayelynnsMama
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM

We went there for 4 days. Stayed in a cabin. It was awesome. I wish we could have stayed longer. We went to Ash caves, Old Man's Cave, Moonville Tunnel.

struezel
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:56 AM
We always stay in a cabin.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN