Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women’s Healthcare Changes

Posted by   + Show Post

Because of Obamacare, most health insurance plans will now begin to fully cover these eight health services as part of women's preventive care.  Do any of these affect you?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (11-11):
sheila5745
by Member on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Quoting ruthie11617:

IF I had insurance, these would all be covered anyway, so I wouldn't really notice a difference (based on the times I have had insurance through employment).

However, since it does absolutely NOTHING to actually make insurance AFFORDABLE, I don't have insurance, so no, they don't really affect me at all. 

you are right it did not help with the cost of insurance companies and what they can charge.

For example-- I am 54 and hubby is 64, both non smokers. I have a vascular disease. Hubby broke both feet ah at least 9 yrs. ago. His insurance is a lot cheaper than what mine is.. What since does that make. Life insurance he got double for less that what I pay for nothing. Makes no sense to me. What did Obama do? but take away money from medicare, my mom who has worked her whole life, and is now 78 and getting a measly 400. a month to live on. Thank God her house is paid for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)