Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Big Bird? Oh, for Heaven's Sake!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 12 Replies

Let's see.....we all have budgets and have to learn to live within our budgets.  Not Obama.  The defeicit just keeps growing and growing.    He has added more to the entire deficiet than all 43 of the past presidents combined!  The half of America that is paying taxes is tired of paying for the half that don't pay taxes.  Sure some are ill, infirmed or in this lousy economy can't find a job.  BUT, an overwhelming amount have made living off the rest of us a way of life and they pass it down from generation to generation.  I know, I had a 14 year old student bring her new baby to school.  When I asked how her mother felt about the new baby, she told me her mom was happy because now they could get more money from the government.  Maybe it's time for a new leader who knows he has to cut Big Bird and some of the superfluous spending to take care of the more important things.  Big Bird and PBS. NPB can get along with private, tax deductible donations.  Hmmm....just like we budget to feed and take care of our families.  Moms, vote wisely for your children when you vote.  Romney/Ryan?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm pro big bird, i like that feathery guy. So I'm gonna have to decline your romney/ryan invitation. But thanks for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM

AMEN!! Finally a political post in here that makes sense! 

allgood1108
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Woot woot!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Representative on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Yeah, there are plenty of welfare Romney supporters that abuse the government, too. 90% of the people on some sort of government aid, don't abuse it and get off of it quickly. I'm not on PA nor have I ever been in my adult life, but I understand that some people need a hand up. I'm sad for that girl because she is being taught a very bad thing, but there were people living on welfare for decades ago. Don't blame Obama that the number of Welfare recipients has spiked during his term. Bush had 8 years to dig that hole, Obama is doing his best to pull us back out.

g-woman
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Not so.  Under Obama there are now 5.5 million women who are now unemployed that werem't unemployed before.  The median earnings for women in the United States has declined by $1,000.00 and the poverty rate among women  under Obamais 16.3%. It's the highest rate in 17 years.  Quit blaming Bush.  If this is the best Obama can do, then we definitely need a new President!

ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Yeah and if romney wins in 4 years when he's screwed us all over you'll be whining it was all obamas fault and romney did the best he could. And someone else will say stop blaming obama. We haven't had a really good president since clinton. No one is going to fix the entire mess in 4 years. Doesn't matter if he's an ass or an elephant.

Quoting g-woman:

Not so.  Under Obama there are now 5.5 million women who are now unemployed that werem't unemployed before.  The median earnings for women in the United States has declined by $1,000.00 and the poverty rate among women  under Obamais 16.3%. It's the highest rate in 17 years.  Quit blaming Bush.  If this is the best Obama can do, then we definitely need a new President!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gumbeme06
by Sara on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I just think its funny pbs told the Obama campaign to stop using big bird against romney because they have never supported any presidential canidate . I didn't vote for Obama 4 years ago and I won't vote for him this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
v.costello
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Ugh...trying to decide who to vote for, is like trying to decide what foot to shot left or right...both choices are going to hurt like hell and neither choice is better than the other...i think i may write in Willie Nelson...least the thought of him being president doesn't make me want to be sick..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
g-woman
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi - To mem82:  the percentage of people that are on welfare and stay on welfare over 5 years is 19.6%.  26.9% are on welfare for 2 to 5 years and 19.3% one to 2 years.  Some go off and on over the years.  The reason among many (Fast and Furious, the Libya assination cover-up, the 17 billion our of Medicare, the national debt tripled by Obama, the threat to not maintain separation of church and state, the failed bailout, etc.) is that the number of Americans who are on welfare under Obama (not Bush) has increased by 41%.  How many more facts do you need?  He was heard on an open mike to the Soviets being willing to negotiate away our nuclear national security?  The man is an abysmal failure as President.

brendaemily
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, privatizing important things that benefit the greater society is a wonderful idea. TLC was started by NASA (among others) as a educational channel where the American public could gain a greater understanding of our world. Then it was privatized. Now it shows Honey Boo Boo. Just sayin'.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)