Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Romney & Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose. . . . .

Posted by   + Show Post

I am soooo tired of seeing these totally stupid ads that say "Romney and Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose"  Even if abortion was outlawed it doesn't take away a woman's right to choose, every woman has the right to choose weather or not to have sex, and that's the only choice a woman should have.  Everyone knows how babies are made and that birth control is not 100% effective, if you choose to have sex, then you should take responsibility for your actions. Please no replies if you do not have anything nice to say

for anyone who supports abortion please watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--MhKiaD7c

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (71-79):
phantomphan
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
But it's not just about abortion. A woman's right to chose covers all her reproductive choices. What bc she uses. and everything else that involves her body.

Abortion is just the tip of the iceberg. Romney has said he would like to see some kinds of contraception banned. And that's just not OK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM
It's not your rigjt to tell everyone else what to do with their body!! It's not anyones right! You are responsible for you and when the government starts taking over on your own body for goodness sake that's a very scary and thin line. You personally don't have to believe in or agree with abortion. I don't. But I am not god, you are not god, the government is not god. So stop judging and trying to control what others do WITH THEIR OWN BODY. It's wrong. Period. It's the womans body and she will have to live with her decisions regardless of your personal belief and stance.

Quoting jessw2010:

WOW!!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Yes.

Quoting jessw2010:

for whatever reason under any circumstances? so you think if a woman repeatedly has unprotected sex (no condoms or bc) that she should be able to have multiple abortions?

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I understand what you believe.  You believe in no abortions ever for any reason, no exceptions.  Right? 

I disagree.  And while I think you are free to believe whatever you want, I do not think you (or anyone else) has the right to dictate what every female of any age must do when she finds herself pregnant for whatever reason under whatever circumstances. 

Quoting jessw2010:

I am honestly sorry that girl was raped! but if you say it's only ok for a girl who was raped who is 11 to have an abortion because of the fact she is 11, it's like saying that baby's life isn't worth anything because the mother is 11, and I don't believe that.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

It's not the girl's fault she was raped either, but in your world the baby comes first, right?  Or are you willing to allow for abortion in cases such as an 11 year old being raped?

Quoting jessw2010:

no, I never said that. I said that baby's life is worth something no matter how he/she was conceived, it's not the baby's fault the girl was raped.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Too bad for her!  Time to have a baby on top of being raped!  Because you don't matter, only the baby matters, no matter what.  Right,  jessw2010?

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

Omg this CHILD was 11. She didn't want a penis in her vagina, sge was RAPED for goodness sake. What is wrong with you?????

Quoting jessw2010:

just because a baby is conceived out of rape or the mother was a battered wife doesn't make that baby's life any less valuable. she shouldn't have chosen abortion. "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina" well you should keep penises out of your vagina if you don't want a baby.

Quoting mjp2707:

So what about raped women, molested children, women who suffer from battered wife syndrome. Eff them, carry those babies to term. (?)Look at the face of your child and see your abuser everyday. Relieve those painful moments every single day. I knew a child who is a adult now. She was molested by her step father and got pregnant. She had a abortion. Should a 11 year old girl be forced to carry a child because the choice of a adult.? This story is 100% true and happened to a family our family was very close with. I would never look at this girl and say you shouldnt have been able to choose abortion, what about the rights of your unborn baby. ?

Politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phantomphan
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this
And rates of babies in dumpsters and dead young women would go up.

Quoting Gena0406:

I have no doubt that if abortion were made illegal, rates of unplanned pregnancies and stds would NOT go down.

Quoting jessw2010:

I totally agree that we should educate more and in a perfect world that would work, but some people believe that only the parents should talk to children about sex and bc and some parents don't do that. I think people should take responsibility for their actions, and if abortion were illegal then people would think twice about having casual sex, having sex without bc, or having sex at all for that matter and like you said he rate of abortion and stds would be lower.

Quoting GirlIsBlue114:

I'm so ready for the election to be over, it's amazing to me how politics bring out the worst in people and put a wall between them. It really wouldn't hurt anyone to respond in kindness regardless of other posters.

On the topic at hand, I agree with whoever said if we start putting our focus on educating children, young adults etc. and raising them right. Then maybe just maybe the future would be a world where abortions didn't happen, rape didn't happen, incest didn't happen.  Is that totally unlikely, yes, but it's something WE as parents can strive and work for.  As for right now, I think holding people accountable for their actions is important and abortion should not be used as bc, therefore I believe abortion should only be legal in the cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother. I believe if abortions were illegal for all other situations there would be a drop in unwanted pregnancies and the spred of STDS due to the fact.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

That's exactly how I feel when I read your posts. 

Quoting jessw2010:

WOW!!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Yes.

Quoting jessw2010:

for whatever reason under any circumstances? so you think if a woman repeatedly has unprotected sex (no condoms or bc) that she should be able to have multiple abortions?

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I understand what you believe.  You believe in no abortions ever for any reason, no exceptions.  Right? 

I disagree.  And while I think you are free to believe whatever you want, I do not think you (or anyone else) has the right to dictate what every female of any age must do when she finds herself pregnant for whatever reason under whatever circumstances. 

Quoting jessw2010:

I am honestly sorry that girl was raped! but if you say it's only ok for a girl who was raped who is 11 to have an abortion because of the fact she is 11, it's like saying that baby's life isn't worth anything because the mother is 11, and I don't believe that.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

It's not the girl's fault she was raped either, but in your world the baby comes first, right?  Or are you willing to allow for abortion in cases such as an 11 year old being raped?

Quoting jessw2010:

no, I never said that. I said that baby's life is worth something no matter how he/she was conceived, it's not the baby's fault the girl was raped.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Too bad for her!  Time to have a baby on top of being raped!  Because you don't matter, only the baby matters, no matter what.  Right,  jessw2010?

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

Omg this CHILD was 11. She didn't want a penis in her vagina, sge was RAPED for goodness sake. What is wrong with you?????

Quoting jessw2010:

just because a baby is conceived out of rape or the mother was a battered wife doesn't make that baby's life any less valuable. she shouldn't have chosen abortion. "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina" well you should keep penises out of your vagina if you don't want a baby.

Quoting mjp2707:

So what about raped women, molested children, women who suffer from battered wife syndrome. Eff them, carry those babies to term. (?)Look at the face of your child and see your abuser everyday. Relieve those painful moments every single day. I knew a child who is a adult now. She was molested by her step father and got pregnant. She had a abortion. Should a 11 year old girl be forced to carry a child because the choice of a adult.? This story is 100% true and happened to a family our family was very close with. I would never look at this girl and say you shouldnt have been able to choose abortion, what about the rights of your unborn baby. ?

arpazia
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:36 PM
I may not like abortion, but I don't agree with taken away a woman's right to choose.

Lordy! Taking not taken
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Politicians have you no place in these matters.

Quoting jessw2010:

that comment was not meant for rape victims. it was mjp2707, she said "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of MY vagina"

Quoting toopicky429:

That was uncalled for, women who are raped didn't want a penis in their vagina, that's why it's called rape. Did you know rapists and abusers have parental rights?

Quoting jessw2010:

Quoting mjp2707:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsImperfect
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Exactly! More babies found dead from women trying to do it themselves. More women hospitalized or dead from trying themselves. This was put in place in the first place because it was an issue before. More people who cant afford a baby do home adortions go to the hospital (who dont have coverage because they cant afford a baby in the first pla e they probably dont have their life together and no coverage either) then hospitals arent getting paid and we have a country with medical expenses the government is going to have to bail out.

Quoting phantomphan:

And rates of babies in dumpsters and dead young women would go up.

Quoting Gena0406:

I have no doubt that if abortion were made illegal, rates of unplanned pregnancies and stds would NOT go down.

Quoting jessw2010:

I totally agree that we should educate more and in a perfect world that would work, but some people believe that only the parents should talk to children about sex and bc and some parents don't do that. I think people should take responsibility for their actions, and if abortion were illegal then people would think twice about having casual sex, having sex without bc, or having sex at all for that matter and like you said he rate of abortion and stds would be lower.

Quoting GirlIsBlue114:

I'm so ready for the election to be over, it's amazing to me how politics bring out the worst in people and put a wall between them. It really wouldn't hurt anyone to respond in kindness regardless of other posters.

On the topic at hand, I agree with whoever said if we start putting our focus on educating children, young adults etc. and raising them right. Then maybe just maybe the future would be a world where abortions didn't happen, rape didn't happen, incest didn't happen.  Is that totally unlikely, yes, but it's something WE as parents can strive and work for.  As for right now, I think holding people accountable for their actions is important and abortion should not be used as bc, therefore I believe abortion should only be legal in the cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother. I believe if abortions were illegal for all other situations there would be a drop in unwanted pregnancies and the spred of STDS due to the fact.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually read this whole thread (go me) Okay...

This isn't just about abortion. When you let the Govt take over your choices you lose your freedom and this is a free country.

Do SOME (very few) people use abortions as birth control because they're shitheads or idiots or whatever? YES. I know one. BUT that doesn't mean that all women that get them are idiots that were out banging any guy that stood still long enough.

If something is illegal it can be punished right? So what if a woman has a miscarriage? Should she be punished because her body self-aborted? What if the baby dies in utero (A D&C is an abortion, it's not called that in those cases because it's insensitive) so is she just stuck carrying that baby (or bleeding to death) until whenever? Would she be punished for neglect? I mean her body killed that fetus, that bitch is going down! (I'm being sarcastic)

YOU (OP) said No Abortions EVER, that covers a LOT more than tramp stamp going into Planned Parenthood to take care of her inconvenience. That's Ectopic Pregnancy, D&C, rape, incest, mother's life is at risk, fatal birth defects, etc.

And typically if abortion goes, birth control does too, because some of them MIGHT prevent a fertilized egg from implanting and that's TECHNICALLY an abortion. So if a woman doesn't want 19 kids (and counting-bah-dum-tsss) she's just never supposed to have sex with her husband? And that's REASONABLE? REALLY? 

That's like outlawing driving because some people text and drive, we just shouldn't let anyone drive because SOME people are twats about it.

AND even though I'm sure you've only read the parts of my reply you can get pissed about, I'm going to type all this anyway. I personally would not get an abortion, even for a fatal birth defect (Trisomy 18 for instance) because *I* (as in ME) would want the chance to say goodbye. I wouldn't get an abortion in general because I'm not big on unnecessary medical procedures (I also wouldn't get a boob job, but I don't think those need to be outlawed).  My husband is fixed, but if I get knocked up, I'll have the kid. I'll welcome him/her with open arms, even if they have Downs (a birth defect people abort over). I'll take what I'm given and be grateful. I only wanted 2 kids that's why he got snipped, but if it happens it happens.

I understand to an extent where you're coming from. YES if you're having sex (CONSENTUALLY) you should understand that pregnancy is a real possibility. You should take precautions, you should accept your consequences. BUT it's not a black and white subject like it seems.  It's NOT reasonable to tell a married woman to never have sex with her husband if she doesn't want to get pregnant, that's NOT reasonable. It's NOT reasonable to tell a rape victim to suck it up because that baby is a person too. I understand that you could do it in that situation, and I DO get where you're coming from on that, I don't like punishment by proxy, but at the same time a rape victim is a VICTIM, to victimize them further is a terrible injustice. If they want to keep the baby to term, great, good for them. If not, a little compassion would go a long way.  So I don't GET it, but I'm compassionate toward it.  

I really do GET where you're coming from, but I think it needs to be toned down a bit.

LancesMom
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Some women do not "Choose" to have sex.
Some women can't predict the future and know that carrying a child could kill them or the child.
Until these and many other reasons are no longer a concern, it should be up to her to be able to do something about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)