Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Romney & Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose. . . . .

Posted by   + Show Post

I am soooo tired of seeing these totally stupid ads that say "Romney and Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose"  Even if abortion was outlawed it doesn't take away a woman's right to choose, every woman has the right to choose weather or not to have sex, and that's the only choice a woman should have.  Everyone knows how babies are made and that birth control is not 100% effective, if you choose to have sex, then you should take responsibility for your actions. Please no replies if you do not have anything nice to say

for anyone who supports abortion please watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--MhKiaD7c

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I don't feel you can ever comment on anything that goes against your personal beliefs without whining. Guess it's all in perception.

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

Because we have a new group member and I don't feel you were being nice and welcoming by your comment (which btw sounded very childish and like you hadn't watched it)

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

I said i didn't need the video, i didn't say " i didn't watch the video ". Why are you telling me what i have and don't have a clue on?

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

If you didn't watch it then why call it disgusting? You have no clue what it even is 

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

No, not nice would've been take your disgusting video and shove it. I was just stating i didn't feel the personal need or desire to watch the link you posted

Quoting jessw2010:

"I don't need your disgusting videos to tell me being pro choice is wrong"  that is not an opposing viewpoint, it's not having something nice to say.

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

I will always support a womans right to choose on everything. It is not my job to dictate to someone else what they can and can't have rights to. That's a dangerous line to tread and I want no part of it. I don't need your disgusting videos to tell me being pro choice is wrong. It's not a choice i choose but it is NOT my job or place to tell someone else what to choose.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ichthus
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The ironic thing is (I was gonna say 'funny', but this isn't a funny subject) that people get so worked up over a woman's right to choose, but they don't seem bothered by our loss of Constitutional rights that are quickly being flushed down the drain. The TSA treats airline passengers as terrorists, the Patriot Act allows the government to search and seize a person without reason plus detain them indefinitely, and we now have lost our privacy as the government monitors everything that we do online and elsewhere. People are being distracted from what's really happening in our country by things like this. Our "right to choose" goes much deeper than abortion. Our rights to many things are going to be gone soon. But you can still choose if your fetus lives or dies. 

toopicky429
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Live Free 2012! Gary Johnson for me. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I get upset about the tsa treating airline passengers as terrorists also, I read a story about the tsa searching a 5yr old little girl, they felt up her whole body and she cried. . . . .ridiculous.  I just happen to care more about the slaughter of unborn babies.

Quoting Ichthus:

The ironic thing is (I was gonna say 'funny', but this isn't a funny subject) that people get so worked up over a woman's right to choose, but they don't seem bothered by our loss of Constitutional rights that are quickly being flushed down the drain. The TSA treats airline passengers as terrorists, the Patriot Act allows the government to search and seize a person without reason plus detain them indefinitely, and we now have lost our privacy as the government monitors everything that we do online and elsewhere. People are being distracted from what's really happening in our country by things like this. Our "right to choose" goes much deeper than abortion. Our rights to many things are going to be gone soon. But you can still choose if your fetus lives or dies. 

jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:00 AM

It's interesting that you think the video is "disgusting" but you don't think that the act he is describing is disgusting.

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

No, not nice would've been take your disgusting video and shove it. I was just stating i didn't feel the personal need or desire to watch the link you posted

Quoting jessw2010:

"I don't need your disgusting videos to tell me being pro choice is wrong"  that is not an opposing viewpoint, it's not having something nice to say.

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

I will always support a womans right to choose on everything. It is not my job to dictate to someone else what they can and can't have rights to. That's a dangerous line to tread and I want no part of it. I don't need your disgusting videos to tell me being pro choice is wrong. It's not a choice i choose but it is NOT my job or place to tell someone else what to choose.

jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:06 AM

No, it's not different.  If you support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion, then you support abortion. The point isn't that women should have a "choice" no one should ever have a legal "choice" to kill their child, born or unborn.  I didn't say people should stop having sex, I said people should take responsibility for the repercussions of their actions.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I feel it is way different to support abortion vs. right to choose. I will not 'support' choice being taken away..

Yes, having sex is a choice...so is BC, so is free will..

I don't actually foresee too many giving up sex, it's just a fact..I would prefer protection and the right to choose

Rileyscute
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Everyone should have legal choice..you would not support taking away other freedoms..my body, my choice..not anyone elses. I would not choose abortion..but I would also not make legal choices or rather limit legal choices for others. I also think people should be responsible. BC is widely available. Abortion is not a form of BC (my own personal belief)

Quoting jessw2010:

No, it's not different.  If you support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion, then you support abortion. The point isn't that women should have a "choice" no one should ever have a legal "choice" to kill their child, born or unborn.  I didn't say people should stop having sex, I said people should take responsibility for the repercussions of their actions.

Quoting Rileyscute:

I feel it is way different to support abortion vs. right to choose. I will not 'support' choice being taken away..

Yes, having sex is a choice...so is BC, so is free will..

I don't actually foresee too many giving up sex, it's just a fact..I would prefer protection and the right to choose

Misha1204
by Misha on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
So, people have to agree w/you in order for it to be "something nice to say".

I should be and will be able to make any choices regarding MY LIFE. How can a man tell a woman what she can do w/her own body....he can barely control his own. Romney is an ass, period.

Quoting jessw2010:

apparently some people don't understand what "no replies if you do not have anything nice to say" means

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by Misha on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:38 AM
I have been doing good sraying out of political posts because they get ridiculous.

JUST VOTE & KEEP IT MOVING....and this is just what I'm going to do!

Quoting Misha1204:

I should be and will be able to make any choices regarding MY LIFE. How can a man tell a woman what she can do w/her own body....he can barely control his own. Romney is an ass, period.

Quoting jessw2010:

apparently some people don't understand what "no replies if you do not have anything nice to say" means

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:42 AM

No, I didn't say she had to agree with me. But saying this, and I quote, "I don't need your disgusting video's to tell me that being pro choice is wrong" is not disagreeing with me. . . . .it's being rude!  Yeah, you should be able to make choices about your life, you did. . . . .you chose to have sex. Guess what. . . . .an unborn baby is NOT your body. "Romney is an ass, period."  That's your opinion, but he's not an ass because he doesn't support the systematic slaughter of unborn babies.

Quoting Misha1204:

Quoting jessw2010:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN