Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Romney & Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose. . . . .

Posted by   + Show Post

I am soooo tired of seeing these totally stupid ads that say "Romney and Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose"  Even if abortion was outlawed it doesn't take away a woman's right to choose, every woman has the right to choose weather or not to have sex, and that's the only choice a woman should have.  Everyone knows how babies are made and that birth control is not 100% effective, if you choose to have sex, then you should take responsibility for your actions. Please no replies if you do not have anything nice to say

for anyone who supports abortion please watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--MhKiaD7c

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM

He is important. But, I wouln't be much good to him being depressed knowing that I killed his brother or sister to save my own life. . . . .like I said, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Quoting toopicky429:

Then what about your living children? IMO, those already born should be more important.

Quoting jessw2010:

I'm so glad that you are ok. When I think abortion, I think the termination of a viable pregnancy, an ectopic pregnancy isn't viable so I have no problem with that. I personally would not be able to have an abortion if I was in a life threatening situation, because your child's life is supposed to come before your own life always so I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Quoting toopicky429:

I wasn't going to put my two cents in, but I see some ladies miss the bigger picture here. I know that statistically abortions are used for birth control, but out lawing them will not make them stop. It would also prevent women who are in a life threatening situation causing them to die, and then the baby dies too. I had an ectopic pregnancy last year, and almost died. If I had to wait for someone to approve medication or surgery I would not be here, and my children wouldn't have a mother. This is not a black and white issue, there is a huge gray area in the middle, and that is why I am Pro-Choice.

Gena0406
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

So what if all women were required to use bc until they were deemed fit to be a parent...would you be comfortable with that?  I'm not being an asshole, I am curious.

Quoting jessw2010:

yes. . . . .

Quoting Gena0406:

Do you believe in birth control?

Quoting jessw2010:

Yes, abusing and neglecting children is wrong, but abortion is wrong also. We shouldn't terminate pregnancies just because someday that baby may be abused or neglected because we have no way of knowing if that will even happen. I agree that we should put a greater effort into education, but there are people who believe that sex education should be left up to the parent, then the parents don't discuss it with their children, and the cycle never ends.

Quoting Gena0406:

Everyone has a different opinion of abortion and it's always a touchy subject to discuss.  Having said that, I have worked over 12 years in an environment where I see children every day that their parents are not responsible enough to think before they act (sex) and these children end up abused, neglected and feeling un-loved.  I hate seeing children go through this.  Instead of focusing on whether a woman should have the right to choose to terminate her pregnancy, I wish that all these know-it-alls who really have no idea what it's like to be in a situation such as this would put a greater effort into education, support and fostering for people and children so that we can break the cycle.  Instead, they choose to focus on hot topics that get big responses when what this country really needs is a leader who can think outside the box and focus on what is really going on.

jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I'm not really sure. I have thought to myself before that some people should not reproduce and have to be deemed fit before they can have children, because like you said, some people abuse and neglect their children. But I'm just not sure. . . . .what else would that open the door to/

Quoting Gena0406:

So what if all women were required to use bc until they were deemed fit to be a parent...would you be comfortable with that?  I'm not being an asshole, I am curious.

Quoting jessw2010:

yes. . . . .

Quoting Gena0406:

Quoting jessw2010:

Yes, abusing and neglecting children is wrong, but abortion is wrong also. We shouldn't terminate pregnancies just because someday that baby may be abused or neglected because we have no way of knowing if that will even happen. I agree that we should put a greater effort into education, but there are people who believe that sex education should be left up to the parent, then the parents don't discuss it with their children, and the cycle never ends.

Quoting Gena0406:

Everyone has a different opinion of abortion and it's always a touchy subject to discuss.  Having said that, I have worked over 12 years in an environment where I see children every day that their parents are not responsible enough to think before they act (sex) and these children end up abused, neglected and feeling un-loved.  I hate seeing children go through this.  Instead of focusing on whether a woman should have the right to choose to terminate her pregnancy, I wish that all these know-it-alls who really have no idea what it's like to be in a situation such as this would put a greater effort into education, support and fostering for people and children so that we can break the cycle.  Instead, they choose to focus on hot topics that get big responses when what this country really needs is a leader who can think outside the box and focus on what is really going on.

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:57 AM
People shouldn't have sex or should at bc until they are in a place to want children and be able to care for them. Bc shouldn't be mandatory. I am not to mandatory things like this though I think the government should stick to other things

Quoting jessw2010:

I'm not really sure. I have thought to myself before that some people should not reproduce and have to be deemed fit before they can have children, because like you said, some people abuse and neglect their children. But I'm just not sure. . . . .what else would that open the door to/

Quoting Gena0406:

Quoting jessw2010:

yes. . . . .

Quoting Gena0406:

Quoting jessw2010:

Quoting Gena0406:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firefay
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Even when abortion was illegal, it was not legal to perform them for things like ectopic pregnancies which can kill the mother.
mjp2707
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:01 AM
5 moms liked this
So what about raped women, molested children, women who suffer from battered wife syndrome. Eff them, carry those babies to term. (?)Look at the face of your child and see your abuser everyday. Relieve those painful moments every single day. I knew a child who is a adult now. She was molested by her step father and got pregnant. She had a abortion. Should a 11 year old girl be forced to carry a child because the choice of a adult.? This story is 100% true and happened to a family our family was very close with. I would never look at this girl and say you shouldnt have been able to choose abortion, what about the rights of your unborn baby. ?

Politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cole679
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm not getting in this topic much but i will say why is adoption not an option for those ladies who have unwanted pregnancies??? There are so many people out there that can't have kids, why kill an unwanted baby when someone else longs to Care for a child. Pregnancies that risk the mothers health shouldbe aborted but there's no need to abort a baby just because its unwanted...This is my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM

just because a baby is conceived out of rape or the mother was a battered wife doesn't make that baby's life any less valuable. she shouldn't have chosen abortion. "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina" well you should keep penises out of your vagina if you don't want a baby.

Quoting mjp2707:

So what about raped women, molested children, women who suffer from battered wife syndrome. Eff them, carry those babies to term. (?)Look at the face of your child and see your abuser everyday. Relieve those painful moments every single day. I knew a child who is a adult now. She was molested by her step father and got pregnant. She had a abortion. Should a 11 year old girl be forced to carry a child because the choice of a adult.? This story is 100% true and happened to a family our family was very close with. I would never look at this girl and say you shouldnt have been able to choose abortion, what about the rights of your unborn baby. ?

toopicky429
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this
That was uncalled for, women who are raped didn't want a penis in their vagina, that's why it's called rape. Did you know rapists and abusers have parental rights?

Quoting jessw2010:

just because a baby is conceived out of rape or the mother was a battered wife doesn't make that baby's life any less valuable. she shouldn't have chosen abortion. "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina" well you should keep penises out of your vagina if you don't want a baby.

Quoting mjp2707:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM

that comment was not meant for rape victims. it was mjp2707, she said "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of MY vagina"

Quoting toopicky429:

That was uncalled for, women who are raped didn't want a penis in their vagina, that's why it's called rape. Did you know rapists and abusers have parental rights?

Quoting jessw2010:

Quoting mjp2707:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN