Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Romney & Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose. . . . .

Posted by   + Show Post

I am soooo tired of seeing these totally stupid ads that say "Romney and Ryan want to take away a woman's right to choose"  Even if abortion was outlawed it doesn't take away a woman's right to choose, every woman has the right to choose weather or not to have sex, and that's the only choice a woman should have.  Everyone knows how babies are made and that birth control is not 100% effective, if you choose to have sex, then you should take responsibility for your actions. Please no replies if you do not have anything nice to say

for anyone who supports abortion please watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t--MhKiaD7c

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Replies (41-50):
Christine0813
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Support abortion? Who the hell supports abortion?? Why do you assume if a woman is pro-choice that it equals pro-abortion? WTH kind of thinking is that?

You don't get to come on a forum saying some bullshit like that and tell us not to reply if it isn't nice. You are stating yourself what ONLY choice a woman should have. What you said wasn't nice.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM
7 moms liked this

It is YOUR OPINION that any female regardless of age or circumstance should only have one option...to carry and deliver the child.  It's my opinion that that decision is between a woman, her doctor, and her own conscience.   People need to worry about themselves and stay the hell out of other people's personal business.

GirlIsBlue114
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I'm so ready for the election to be over, it's amazing to me how politics bring out the worst in people and put a wall between them. It really wouldn't hurt anyone to respond in kindness regardless of other posters.

On the topic at hand, I agree with whoever said if we start putting our focus on educating children, young adults etc. and raising them right. Then maybe just maybe the future would be a world where abortions didn't happen, rape didn't happen, incest didn't happen.  Is that totally unlikely, yes, but it's something WE as parents can strive and work for.  As for right now, I think holding people accountable for their actions is important and abortion should not be used as bc, therefore I believe abortion should only be legal in the cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother. I believe if abortions were illegal for all other situations there would be a drop in unwanted pregnancies and the spred of STDS due to the fact.

jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I totally agree that we should educate more and in a perfect world that would work, but some people believe that only the parents should talk to children about sex and bc and some parents don't do that. I think people should take responsibility for their actions, and if abortion were illegal then people would think twice about having casual sex, having sex without bc, or having sex at all for that matter and like you said he rate of abortion and stds would be lower.

Quoting GirlIsBlue114:

I'm so ready for the election to be over, it's amazing to me how politics bring out the worst in people and put a wall between them. It really wouldn't hurt anyone to respond in kindness regardless of other posters.

On the topic at hand, I agree with whoever said if we start putting our focus on educating children, young adults etc. and raising them right. Then maybe just maybe the future would be a world where abortions didn't happen, rape didn't happen, incest didn't happen.  Is that totally unlikely, yes, but it's something WE as parents can strive and work for.  As for right now, I think holding people accountable for their actions is important and abortion should not be used as bc, therefore I believe abortion should only be legal in the cases of rape, incest, and life of the mother. I believe if abortions were illegal for all other situations there would be a drop in unwanted pregnancies and the spred of STDS due to the fact.

Gena0406
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Could not agree more!

Quoting mjp2707:

So what about raped women, molested children, women who suffer from battered wife syndrome. Eff them, carry those babies to term. (?)Look at the face of your child and see your abuser everyday. Relieve those painful moments every single day. I knew a child who is a adult now. She was molested by her step father and got pregnant. She had a abortion. Should a 11 year old girl be forced to carry a child because the choice of a adult.? This story is 100% true and happened to a family our family was very close with. I would never look at this girl and say you shouldnt have been able to choose abortion, what about the rights of your unborn baby. ?

Politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina.

ba13ygrl1987
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Omg this CHILD was 11. She didn't want a penis in her vagina, sge was RAPED for goodness sake. What is wrong with you?????

Quoting jessw2010:

just because a baby is conceived out of rape or the mother was a battered wife doesn't make that baby's life any less valuable. she shouldn't have chosen abortion. "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina" well you should keep penises out of your vagina if you don't want a baby.

Quoting mjp2707:

So what about raped women, molested children, women who suffer from battered wife syndrome. Eff them, carry those babies to term. (?)Look at the face of your child and see your abuser everyday. Relieve those painful moments every single day. I knew a child who is a adult now. She was molested by her step father and got pregnant. She had a abortion. Should a 11 year old girl be forced to carry a child because the choice of a adult.? This story is 100% true and happened to a family our family was very close with. I would never look at this girl and say you shouldnt have been able to choose abortion, what about the rights of your unborn baby. ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gena0406
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no doubt that if abortion were made illegal, rates of unplanned pregnancies and stds would NOT go down.

Quoting jessw2010:

I totally agree that we should educate more and in a perfect world that would work, but some people believe that only the parents should talk to children about sex and bc and some parents don't do that. I think people should take responsibility for their actions, and if abortion were illegal then people would think twice about having casual sex, having sex without bc, or having sex at all for that matter and like you said he rate of abortion and stds would be lower.

Quoting GirlIsBlue114:

jessw2010
by Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

what is wrong with you people!? I DID NOT say that the 11 year old did, that comment was not about the 11 year old, was directed to mjp2707 her exact words were "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of MY vagina"

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

Omg this CHILD was 11. She didn't want a penis in her vagina, sge was RAPED for goodness sake. What is wrong with you?????

Quoting jessw2010:

just because a baby is conceived out of rape or the mother was a battered wife doesn't make that baby's life any less valuable. she shouldn't have chosen abortion. "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of my vagina" well you should keep penises out of your vagina if you don't want a baby.

Quoting mjp2707:

Gena0406
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Adoption IS an option.

Quoting cole679:

I'm not getting in this topic much but i will say why is adoption not an option for those ladies who have unwanted pregnancies??? There are so many people out there that can't have kids, why kill an unwanted baby when someone else longs to Care for a child. Pregnancies that risk the mothers health shouldbe aborted but there's no need to abort a baby just because its unwanted...This is my opinion.

Gena0406
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

There's nothing wrong with me and that is how I read it as well.

Quoting jessw2010:

what is wrong with you people!? I DID NOT say that the 11 year old did, that comment was not about the 11 year old, was directed to mjp2707 her exact words were "politicians can keep their morals and opinions out of MY vagina"

Quoting ba13ygrl1987:

Quoting jessw2010:

Quoting mjp2707:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)