Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mammograms

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Have you ever had one?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I am having one tomorrow...I have 2 Aunts that have died of Breast Cancer so I get one every year just to put my mind at ease.

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Not yet, I have to start getting them in a year. My mother had breast cancer so doctors recommend that you start getting them 10 yrs younger than your mothers age at her diagnosis. I have heard nothing but horror stories about your first time :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacegiver
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Yes I am 29 and I have had 2 now. They were 6 months apart because the first one resulted in biopsies being done. The 2nd was a repeat check to make sure nothing else had popped up. Thankfully everything was normal. I didn't. Think it was to painful and I have ddd boobs lol. Mine got started early because my mom had a history of breasth cancer also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ivylynn0711
by Ivy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

ive been checked to make sure i dont have any lumps or any thing unusual. My mom had breast cancer and had one of them removed so i try and make sure to get checked regularly

Shelly123
by Mshele on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I had a lump removed at 14, very young  I dont miss scheduled mammograms, they may be uncomfortable at times (not all the time)  regardless , Id rather be safe than sorry. 

toopicky429
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I had one when I was 23, after my doctor found a lump. Luckily it turned out to be nothing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahbell811
by Sarah on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

No, I haven't...but I should start getting them soon. Both my maternal grandmother and maternal aunt had breast cancer

EthansMomma2010
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
No. I have breast cancer in my family but it was at an advanced age for both women so no need to start early. I do self exams and hubby examination them too. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:59 AM

No, I have to start them at 35 so I have a year and a half. My grandmother died of breast cancer.

johnny4ever
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I am achy after having one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)