Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Advice Needed

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

My son had a friend come over yesterday.I posted on FB thank you to the mom for letting him come over.Well...a few hours later I got a phone call from a trusted friend about the Family History and the New Step-Dad.He has a BIG Criminal Background for Assault & Drugs...hard Drugs!!!What do I do when she asked my son to play at her house?Hubby worked really late so I am gonna talk to him when he awakens.I am a type of person who believes people deserve the benefit to the doubt but there are recent charges in the last year alone.I hate telling my son No but sometimes you have to! 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.myboys
by Amber on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know what I would do. I think sometimes kids like that need a place they can come to that's stable. I wouldn't want my son over there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyfrey83
by Tianna on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I would let my son go over unless I was with him. Maybe see if you can do a coffee date at her house to see how things run there?

BlessedToBeMe
by Lindsay on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I agree about staying with him & getting to know everyone before you decide if your comfortable with your son going over there without you

mem82
by Representative on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

yup

Quoting BlessedToBeMe:

I agree about staying with him & getting to know everyone before you decide if your comfortable with your son going over there without you

mem82
by Representative on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Have you confirmed that this is true and not just rumors?

johnny4ever
Hiking!
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Quoting mem82:

Have you confirmed that this is true and not just rumors?

It is true plus we learned something more disturbign today.He was a prime subject in a 17 years old Murder....nobody was ever charged. Crazy what you can find when you google search somebody.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Noone can come between your son and saftey. Since this is confirmed info, there's no way I would let my kids near that house.

When I was younger there was a new girl that lived at the end of our street. My parents let me go to their house once and I told them it smelled funny. I couldn't understand why my parents refused to let me go over there again, until they got busted for growing weed in their basement. 

ivylynn0711
by Ivy on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I wouldn't let  my kid go if i knew it wasn't a safe place. 

johnny4ever
Hiking!
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Thanks Ladies!

JMmomof2
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Always have your sons friend at your house. My kids friends are always at our house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)