Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

My son's school has been in the news today! piog

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

This morning I got a text from a friend asking me what was going on at Allan's school. I asked what she was talking about. She said she saw a friend put on FB that the cops were surrounding the school. I called the school. The secretary told me that some kids said they saw a man on the playground with a gun. After a lot of panic and confusion, it all turned out to be a made up story.

They had it on different news stations different versions of what happened, then I was getting texts and calls from people with different stories. I was babysitting at my mom's so I had no way to even leave to go get Allan if I needed to, my mom was out of town. My aunt and uncle went to get him from school. This was before I knew it was all made up.

The place was full of parents taking their kids out of school; my aunt said there were cops walking the halls wearing bulletproof vests and it was just scary as hell. All because a couple kids decided to make up a story. I am so glad that the story was all a lie though and that my son was not ever really in  danger like I was so terrified about all morning. As pissed as I am at those kids who caused this whole mess, I am just really glad it wasn't true.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Representative on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

That is horrific!

mem82
by Representative on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM

How old were the kids that made it up?

Christine0813
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I really hate the media. They're in such a hurry to be the first to get the story out, and it never seems to be correct.

Glad this story wasn't real. Put a lot of parents into a panic.

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:05 PM

How scary!

cheez1e
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:01 PM
That is scary. I kept mine home the Friday after they started back because there was a bomb threat at my son's school. Superintendent did a recorded call the morning I kept them home about having police at all of the schools and metal detector at middle school (son's school) and he was sure everyone would be safe but the schools would understand if we chose to keep our kids home that day. Great, except the call was placed AFTER all of the kids would have been well on their way to school.
Ds told me they just took the metal detectors down Tuesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katey86
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM
That is crazy! I heard about it on fb. I live just north of Marion & they freaked me out. I cant believe kids could come up with something like that!
AllanRaesMomma
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM

It was a group of 2nd graders. They updated the story today.

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20130117/NEWS01/301170003/Official-Kids-concocted-story-man-gun

Quoting Katey86:

That is crazy! I heard about it on fb. I live just north of Marion & they freaked me out. I cant believe kids could come up with something like that!

mem82
by Representative on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I know I can't protect my kids forever, or anything like that, but I am so glad I homeschool. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN