Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of visiting Lake Erie this summer. I need ideas, info, sight seeing stuff...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
  • 16 Replies

Sooo what is up there? Anywhere! I'll take all suggestions since we don't know to which side we will head.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PSar101
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM
The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. There are science & art museums. Can always go watch the Indians play a game. There is tons to do just depends on what you like and how much time you have. Enjoy your visit!
johnny4ever
by Tracy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM

http://www.shoresandislands.com/itinerary/list.aspx

sallij
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Lots of wineries, if that's your thing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I live right by the lake outside of the Cleveland area. Depending on what you want to do will kind of put you in certain areas along the lake.

You can go downtown and the rock hall and science center are right on the lake. You can also pick up the Goodtime in the same area.

The USS Cod Memorial (submarine) is downtown

William G Mather museum

If you go a few min west of Cleveland there are some nice beach areas. Ive never gone to any on the east side but Im sure there are some out that way too. I go to Huntington beach a lot.

SunCrazy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Port Clinton/Sandusky area - Marblehead Lighthouse, East Harbor beach, Put-in-Bay, Kelleys Island, Firelands Winery, Quarry Hill Winery, Cedar Point, Kalahari
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Representative on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. 8)

Quoting PSar101:

The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. There are science & art museums. Can always go watch the Indians play a game. There is tons to do just depends on what you like and how much time you have. Enjoy your visit!

mem82

awesome!

Quoting johnny4ever:

http://www.shoresandislands.com/itinerary/list.aspx

mem82

Nope I'm dry. 8) Thanks anyway, though

Quoting sallij:

Lots of wineries, if that's your thing

mem82
by Representative on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM

We will probably avoid Cleveland, but that ship looks cool.

Quoting liveforever:

I live right by the lake outside of the Cleveland area. Depending on what you want to do will kind of put you in certain areas along the lake.

You can go downtown and the rock hall and science center are right on the lake. You can also pick up the Goodtime in the same area.

The USS Cod Memorial (submarine) is downtown

William G Mather museum

If you go a few min west of Cleveland there are some nice beach areas. Ive never gone to any on the east side but Im sure there are some out that way too. I go to Huntington beach a lot.

mem82
by Representative on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I saw lighthouses in Maine. It would be neat to compare one from here.

Quoting SunCrazy:

Port Clinton/Sandusky area - Marblehead Lighthouse, East Harbor beach, Put-in-Bay, Kelleys Island, Firelands Winery, Quarry Hill Winery, Cedar Point, Kalahari

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)