Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

LOL I know the other groups have killed this topic but...

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you getting anything fun with your taxes? We are basically just payingbills and ssaving it. Lol you know you're a grown up when paying off bills makes you excited. I'm sure the kids will get some new clothes, too, and a Zoo membership.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Replies (31-40):
mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

That's fun. 8) My hubby loves buying new furniture.

Quoting mjp2707:

Ours is spent. We furnished two rooms and got an iPad. We are saving 2000 for now.

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM

We used ours to get new tires a few years ago. I have a large SUV so tires cost 1k by themselves, UGH!

Quoting Morgiesmom83:

I'm fixing my car, getting new tires and getting my laptop fixed.

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM

It's a pain getting all the paper work together. Ugh!

Quoting toopicky429:

Probably nothing fun. Paying a few bills off and hopefully adding to savings so we can do something fun down the road. I have no idea what we will be getting back though. I still need to get all our stuff together for our accountant.

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM

LOL Well, there is 'not having to choose' and then doing so anyway, if you see what I mean. No matter what you get back, some people will choose to blow it and some people will choose to save it or pay extra on a bill.

Quoting MJP76:

Usually owe or get back a very small amount. This year, we are getting back like 90.00. (Hubby did a rough estimate, but we haven't actually gotten everything we need yet to file). We haven't gotten back a large amount in over 8 years..

so the 90.00 will go in the bank, we typically don't have to choose between fun and bills....we just have fun whenever....

cryssi_renee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Basically the same as you. We each take $100 for clothes and then pay bill and renew my Zoo Membership. 

Is your membership for the Columbus Zoo?

cryssi_renee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids would flip out! I'm sure you will have a blast. 

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Laurie Berkner tickets for May! My daughter has NO clue! We are telling her when we get there and recording her reaction, lOL!

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I might do a little shopping spree for clothes myself. 8) The problem with having four kids is someone ALWAYS needs a new pair of jeans or shoes!

Quoting l0veliikeW0AHx3:

We're paying on some bills, getting a bigger vehicle if we can & getting everyone some much needed new wardrobes. Save the rest!

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Yup! It's a great zoo. 8)

Quoting cryssi_renee:

Basically the same as you. We each take $100 for clothes and then pay bill and renew my Zoo Membership. 

Is your membership for the Columbus Zoo?

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

dislike!

Quoting emptynesst:

Not getting one...no fun:(

toopicky429
by Jackie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:10 AM
If I could get my husband to scan his receipts daily it would make my life so much easier, lol.

Quoting mem82:

It's a pain getting all the paper work together. Ugh!

Quoting toopicky429:

Probably nothing fun. Paying a few bills off and hopefully adding to savings so we can do something fun down the road. I have no idea what we will be getting back though. I still need to get all our stuff together for our accountant.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)