Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

LOL I know the other groups have killed this topic but...

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you getting anything fun with your taxes? We are basically just payingbills and ssaving it. Lol you know you're a grown up when paying off bills makes you excited. I'm sure the kids will get some new clothes, too, and a Zoo membership.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
Mommy2justone
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Thanks! I am sure we will too! It's a 3 hour drive up there and back, LOL! So the drive will be half the fun!

Quoting cryssi_renee:

My kids would flip out! I'm sure you will have a blast. 

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Laurie Berkner tickets for May! My daughter has NO clue! We are telling her when we get there and recording her reaction, lOL!

cryssi_renee
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I love it! We try to go up twice a month but didn't get to go last month. I'm hoping to go at least once this month. DH wants to get a Cosi Membership instead but I insisted on my Zoo Membership. 

Quoting mem82:

Yup! It's a great zoo. 8)

Quoting cryssi_renee:

Basically the same as you. We each take $100 for clothes and then pay bill and renew my Zoo Membership. 

Is your membership for the Columbus Zoo?

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM

We recently got a COSI membership, too. I think both are so worth it. When it's too cold to go to the Zoo, we go to COSI and when it's nice we can go to the Zoo. 8) Win-win!

Quoting cryssi_renee:

I love it! We try to go up twice a month but didn't get to go last month. I'm hoping to go at least once this month. DH wants to get a Cosi Membership instead but I insisted on my Zoo Membership. 

Quoting mem82:

Yup! It's a great zoo. 8)

Quoting cryssi_renee:

Basically the same as you. We each take $100 for clothes and then pay bill and renew my Zoo Membership. 

Is your membership for the Columbus Zoo?

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I shudder to even think what that has to be like! LOL

Quoting toopicky429:

If I could get my husband to scan his receipts daily it would make my life so much easier, lol.

Quoting mem82:

It's a pain getting all the paper work together. Ugh!

Quoting toopicky429:

Probably nothing fun. Paying a few bills off and hopefully adding to savings so we can do something fun down the road. I have no idea what we will be getting back though. I still need to get all our stuff together for our accountant.

toopicky429
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:54 AM
I will probably spend an entire day at the printer, scanning, lol.

Quoting mem82:

I shudder to even think what that has to be like! LOL

Quoting toopicky429:

If I could get my husband to scan his receipts daily it would make my life so much easier, lol.

Quoting mem82:

It's a pain getting all the paper work together. Ugh!

Quoting toopicky429:

Probably nothing fun. Paying a few bills off and hopefully adding to savings so we can do something fun down the road. I have no idea what we will be getting back though. I still need to get all our stuff together for our accountant.

MJP76
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Oh no I get it... Back in the day when it was difficult to make ends meet, we would always get caught up on our bills first. We might take 100.00 bucks of it and go to a really nice dinner.. I was just stating that these days we are comfortable enough, to where we don't have to do that any more...we haven't had the issue of "needing to get caught up on bills" in probably 8 years or so...and my husbands typical checks get distributed nicely, between bills and savings...so we have a decent little nest egg going for the future.

so I guess, if we were to get a large amount back, it would go into the vacation fund. But since it is such a small amount, it will just go In the bank...

Quoting mem82:

LOL Well, there is 'not having to choose' and then doing so anyway, if you see what I mean. No matter what you get back, some people will choose to blow it and some people will choose to save it or pay extra on a bill.

Quoting MJP76:

Usually owe or get back a very small amount. This year, we are getting back like 90.00. (Hubby did a rough estimate, but we haven't actually gotten everything we need yet to file). We haven't gotten back a large amount in over 8 years..

so the 90.00 will go in the bank, we typically don't have to choose between fun and bills....we just have fun whenever....

stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:35 AM
We alreay got them back, we Payed off bills, we are also gonna buy a new van, buy new furniture, buy a new microwave.. and buy new clothes and shoes for all our kids..
mem82
by Representative on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM
We just got our refund today. I think we'll go out to breakfast.
Ilovemyprince82
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Paying off the remainder of my sons hospital bills from last year. (Lots of ER visits finally had sx in october, but betweent then the bills racked up quickly!. =(  I usually use it for something fun after paying bills, but not this year.

RyleighJane
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I just had my daughter jan 3rd and the first thing my Dr. said when she was delivered was a 'well you missed the tax deadline' because that's what I'm thinking when I'm. Having my first baby and just went through a long labor. I was quite mad she actualy said that but ws more concentrated on my daughter and to tired to say anyting to her about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN