Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LOL I know the other groups have killed this topic but...

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you getting anything fun with your taxes? We are basically just payingbills and ssaving it. Lol you know you're a grown up when paying off bills makes you excited. I'm sure the kids will get some new clothes, too, and a Zoo membership.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Replies (51-60):
mem82
by Representative on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Sounds like a slightly off color joke. The tax breaks are pretty awesome. I know some women will want to induce to hit the tax deadline. My second was born January 11th because we, like you, didn't worry about stuff like that.

Quoting RyleighJane:

I just had my daughter jan 3rd and the first thing my Dr. said when she was delivered was a 'well you missed the tax deadline' because that's what I'm thinking when I'm. Having my first baby and just went through a long labor. I was quite mad she actualy said that but ws more concentrated on my daughter and to tired to say anyting to her about it.
RyleighJane
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I was due Jan 17th and when I went early, didn't even think about the taxs. The money would be really helpful but she has most of everything she will need for the first yr other than diapers and formula, but her Aunts (her dads adopted sisters) are both just turning 3 and they got them at 9 months so as far as clothes as she's gorwn she's pretty set espc with there being 2 of them (except for the new cute outfits I can't resist). Next yr i wil will prob set half aside for nything she need and buy my car if I'm not able to come up with enouh this yr for it.

Quoting mem82:

Sounds like a slightly off color joke. The tax breaks are pretty awesome. I know some women will want to induce to hit the tax deadline. My second was born January 11th because we, like you, didn't worry about stuff like that.

Quoting RyleighJane:

I just had my daughter jan 3rd and the first thing my Dr. said when she was delivered was a 'well you missed the tax deadline' because that's what I'm thinking when I'm. Having my first baby and just went through a long labor. I was quite mad she actualy said that but ws more concentrated on my daughter and to tired to say anyting to her about it.

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Good luck!

Quoting RyleighJane:

I was due Jan 17th and when I went early, didn't even think about the taxs. The money would be really helpful but she has most of everything she will need for the first yr other than diapers and formula, but her Aunts (her dads adopted sisters) are both just turning 3 and they got them at 9 months so as far as clothes as she's gorwn she's pretty set espc with there being 2 of them (except for the new cute outfits I can't resist). Next yr i wil will prob set half aside for nything she need and buy my car if I'm not able to come up with enouh this yr for it.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting RyleighJane:

sarahbell811
by Sarah on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM

The majority of our tax return is going into putting central air into the house we bought a few months ago :)

We also got a Y membership, and we have some other random home improvement projects to do around the house :)

Adams_Rib
by Katie on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
paying off 5/3 debt
mem82
by Representative on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

AC is an excellent investment. 8)

Quoting sarahbell811:

The majority of our tax return is going into putting central air into the house we bought a few months ago :)

We also got a Y membership, and we have some other random home improvement projects to do around the house :)

sarahbell811
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Yes, yes it is! Haha...no way am I living here without it. It was the only thing that we didn't like about this house when we bought it, that it didn't have central air. We figured it would be worth the money we would put into it :)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting sarahbell811:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:17 AM
We got around 3k back. We are purchasing Rock on the Range tickets. Husband made a payment to Department of Education, hasn't paid off that Bachelor's degree yet. We will buy gifts for both boys bdays in March. If there is $ left over we will save it to put towards a vacation.
Boobah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Still not sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Representative on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM
LOL

Quoting sarahbell811:

Yes, yes it is! Haha...no way am I living here without it. It was the only thing that we didn't like about this house when we bought it, that it didn't have central air. We figured it would be worth the money we would put into it :)

Quoting mem82:

Quoting sarahbell811:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)