Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Child Support In Ohio

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hey ladies I am a resident in Dayton Ohio. I've been collecting Child Support until the father lost his job. He owed 2,220 In back child support. He filed through Turbo Tax on the 30th of Jan and got his acceptance yesterday saying he'll be getting his refund DD on the 7th (Thursday) Well he got the majority of his taxes taken out for the back pay. So my question being how long did it take for you ladies or know someone who was in this situation for the money taken out of taxes to be put on your Eppicard????

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Bump for help!Glad you are getting some Child Support!

karone04
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what I found:

https://www.ohiobar.org/forpublic/resources/lawyoucanuse/pages/lawyoucanuse-609.aspx

Q: How soon will I receive the federal tax refund money from my former spouse for back child support?
A: 
Once the federal IRS receives a tax collection, it takes approximately 30 - 45 days to complete the processing and post the payments to child support cases.  If the tax intercept was received from a joint tax return, monies are automatically held for six months from the date of processing to allow an injured spouse claim to be filed. Federal tax refunds are used to pay child support arrears only.  Currently, any arrears owed to the State of Ohio will be paid before arrears are paid to the family.

mem82
by Representative on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:01 AM

BUMP no clue. Good luck!

mizz_jonez8956
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Thought so I hate the state they take their sweet freaking time but don't take their time to take the money from his taxes!!!

Mommyof1014
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I'm not there yet! I have no idea but they take forever! I filed for child support in early November and we have our very first court date this week! So I've been going this long with nothing and just because it's our first court date still doesn't mean I'll receive it yet! If you're going through Montgomery county it's going to take a long long time! Honestly look into Greene county! It's a much smaller county so things process a little bit faster! After my first court date I'm switching to Greene which is where I live anyways since I just moved... I didn't want to wait another 3 or 4 months for another court date! 

LveMy2K1dS
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it was like 3 months for me. I got my ex's whole 3500 check last year

If you want to get fit and lose weight with me check out my page!! I will help motivate you every step of the way!!  

mizz_jonez8956
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Yeah I only went to court once then afterwards a month later I started receiving it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by Misha on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
When he's supposed to get it, it'll be delayed for him because of the deduction. I don't know the exact time frame, but you'll get it before he gets anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by Misha on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I think I got mine about 3-4wks after he filed.

Quoting Misha1204:

When he's supposed to get it, it'll be delayed for him because of the deduction. I don't know the exact time frame, but you'll get it before he gets anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mizz_jonez8956
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:25 AM
What part of ohio
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN