Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Dayton Area Moms

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

Do any of you know of anywhere I can take my son for play groups!

He is 16 months old and I'm trying to find things to do with him for activities! He has so much energy and needs a lot of exercise but I don't want to take him out in the cold to play! 

I'm unsure of where to start looking for something like this to do so he can be involved with other kids!

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mommy2justone
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Try libraries! We are about an hour south of you, and our library has movers and shakers, and bedtime bounce classes that are free. 
You can meet some moms there and set up some playdates! 

BlessedToBeMe
by Lindsay on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I'm not far from Dayton but don't know much about what's available there. I second the library idea & you could look up mom's club or MOPs in the Dayton area. I'm involved in our local mom's club & we have a meeting & playdate at least once a month(so 2 'events')

You could look into a membership at Boonshoft. A lot of places that have high traffic on the weekends(scene 75, bouncy house places, etc) can be slower in the middle of the day & better for little ones

jnnfrk
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Scene 75 is for older children.  There are lots of free places:  Carriage Hill has an indoor play area in the visitor center, Dayton Mall has a play area, Fairfield Commons Mall has a play area, Stillwater Church in Vandalia has Point Playland (really clean playground) open during the week, YMCAs have playgrounds inside, Brukner Nature Center in Troy, Chick-Fil-A playgrounds, Kettering Rec center has a small fee for playtime there, etc.  Check out meetup.com, MOPS groups, moms groups in your town, library story times, churches (many have moms groups), Entertrainment Junction in West Chester/Mason, swim classes (check local rec centers/YMCAs for open swim), Sharonville has a huge indoor playground in a metropark with a small fee (ball pit too), etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)