Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Indoor birthday party with lots of guests - where to go?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

We live in Columbus and unfortunately don't have enough room in our apartment to host our kids' birthday parties here at home.

For summer birthday parties we just go to the local park, but for the winter parties that's not really an option. In past years we have paid for parties at an indoor play place full of inflatables - a big slide, a climbing wall, an obstacle course, etc. - but our group of family and friends has grown so much that I was wondering if there was another alternative.

The place we usually go to says their parties are for up to 25 kids (you can add more if necessary). The number of kids isn't a problem, we are inviting 24 (including our own), but all of the parents and other adults attending (eg, childless aunts and uncles) is an additional 20-30 people! I feel like that's a LOT of people; and while there's plenty of room in the play area, when we move into the "private party room" for cake and presents I feel like it's getting a bit crowded.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew of any other good place to go, in the winter, for a birthday party with tons of guests. All advice is appreciated! :)

~~~~~
Mom to five sweet sons ages 10, 6, 4, 2.5, and 1.5 - and due again in May!
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Have you checked into renting a community building and if it had a kitchen area you could make the food there the night before. Moat halls we have rented in other states have tables in one area and then a big open area for kids to run around, play tag, pop balloons, and games for a bday party. Since you would be saving money by renting a hall you could put the extra $ towards having a face painter come in or a person who draws or a clown or some other performer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAHM_USAF
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I'm not sure what kind of community building could be rented. The only rentable buildings that I've seen have been "party houses" or "club houses" at apartment complexes or condo communities, and unfortunately our complex doesn't have anything like that. Do you know of any rentable community buildings that you don't need special access for?

Quoting SunnyDayz-Ahead:

Have you checked into renting a community building and if it had a kitchen area you could make the food there the night before. Moat halls we have rented in other states have tables in one area and then a big open area for kids to run around, play tag, pop balloons, and games for a bday party. Since you would be saving money by renting a hall you could put the extra $ towards having a face painter come in or a person who draws or a clown or some other performer.

SunnyDayz-Ahead
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Yeah, I just checked. Go to yellow pages type in Columbus party rentals or community building rentals.
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not from Columbus so I don't know it this will help or not...my city has a rec center that you can rent and you can rent their pool too, Buhlers grocery store has a room to rent or you could do a roller skating party.
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:17 AM
And man, do you have a large family!
Misha1204
by Misha on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Is the place you're descibing above the Bouncy House?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Bowling. As many people as you want can show, but you only have to pay for the kids that are bowing. 

MJP76
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Also, another option is roller skating .... Just call your local rink or bowling alley to find out their prices.

amberstars
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Magic Mountain! 

Or Chuck E Cheese.

Zoo maybe? Not sure if the zoo allows birthday parties-probably not. 

COSI?

SAHM_USAF
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You have no idea... and about a third of them live out of town and aren't even invited! Definitely a big family, and with a small living space it really complicates parties lol.

Quoting JoeyJrsMomma:

And man, do you have a large family!

~~~~~
Mom to five sweet sons ages 10, 6, 4, 2.5, and 1.5 - and due again in May!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)