Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Question for you ladies

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 17 Replies

Im trying really hard to loose weight but I keep having cravings for pop cookies candies sweet suff. How do you loose the cravings????

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabethnoelb
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM

its simple. Either you do it or you don't

Why123
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM

You don't lose the cravings.  You just don't indulge them as often as you did before.

MJP76
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM

You have to change the way you think about food. Sometimes it's harder for some than others... Sometimes people need counseling. I just simply use mind over matter. And I also don't keep it in the house.

megshepherd
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I try to make sure I'm not hungry when I go to the grocery store, that way I don't buy the junk...and it's way too cold to load both kids in the car to run up to speedway for a candybar:)))

Misha1204
by Misha on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I wish I could help, but my problem is the exact opposite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
My friend is selling this far burning coffee, I am dying to try it but I'm nursing. She has lost a ton in just a month and hasn't changed anything. So, that is what I might try. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I love, love me some sweets. I had to learn to replace the sweets with other things like fruits. Once you get the "real" sugar of fruit in you and the "fake" sugar from cookies and candies out of you, you won't want the sweets anymore. I lost 58 lbs and the only thing I did was watch portion control and stop eating snacks and ate fruit instead. I did WW, but not the real one. I found a cheap ap that calculated points the same and used that instead.

cat1622
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Pick one day a week to give in to your cravings. If you want sweet stuff and like chocolate I have a recipe for some hot chocolate that will help with that and it is sugarless but really good.

I recommend checking out www.metaboliceffect.com and looking onto the book The New ME Diet. I use this as a foundation for my personal training clients. 

Cynthia A. Tackett (CAT)
cynthiatackett@gmail.com  
www.facebook.com/purelybalancedwomen
www.facebook.com/itworkscynthiatackett

4music
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM
2 moms liked this

It's all about portion control. If you deny yourself completely i can almost guarantee you will binge. As JoeyJrsMommma said - there are other, healthier options for sweets. This doesn't mean you can't have a cookie or a candy bar occasionally but fruit for desert or a snack is great. And water. Drink lots of water, it's important for a healthy balanced body. Soda is total crap and diet soda is the worst. I wouldn't even keep it in the house except for special occasions.

Remeber, moderation is key.

DirtyHippyMama
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Portion control! I use My Fitness Pal. I do try and watch how many sweets I consume, it is hard but if I want to lose it will be worth it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN