Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

How is school going for your kiddos?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

We just had Parent-Teacher Conference Friday..ugh!His Grades are all B's-C's.He just isnt paying attention!lol....My son will work ahead of the class which makes the Teacher mad then he ends up with a B-D because he wasnt paying attention!He is a day dreamer also..which doesn't surprize me!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoomamaPink
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM

School is getting better for my two but now I'm dealing with this school and there bullying issues my son has came home so many times with brusies and I take pics and have talk to Principal and all they do is suspend this kid for 3 days now they did it for 5 days I think something else should be done I'm so ready to pull my son out its ridiculous!!!

johnny4ever
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

School is getting better for my two but now I'm dealing with this school and there bullying issues my son has came home so many times with brusies and I take pics and have talk to Principal and all they do is suspend this kid for 3 days now they did it for 5 days I think something else should be done I'm so ready to pull my son out its ridiculous!!!

Oh my!They cant seperate the bully from him?Do you like the School District?Thank goodness school will be out soon....I went through a bully situation with my son also.He was head butted at Lunch 2 years ago and his tooth was broken...

momtoBrenna
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Dd is doing well, she starts in the 2nd grade math class on Tuesday as the start of a gradual grade acceleration. :) 

toopicky429
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:46 PM
My daughter is doing great. My son is struggling a little, but I knew he would. It also doesn't help that all the misbehaving kids are in his class, and I wish I were kidding about that. I feel bad for his teacher. I have no idea how she is able to come to work every day with a smile, lol. I help in his class every week so I see what is going on. The teacher is so busy with the few obnoxious kids that she really isn't teaching much. I am so thankful he sees a tutor three times a week or he would be having an even harder time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

DSs is ES and College are doing great.

DD is HS is struggling.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My oldest is slipping on his grades... he had A's & B's and 2 C's last quarter... this quarter he's not doing too good :(

Maddiesmommy123
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Thankfully my daughter is doing well.....Math is her sore spot, but she still has pulled an A in it all year. Our trouble is that I have been out of school for so long, lol   its hard to help with Math....thank goodness for the internet, I can look stuff up and then im able to help her

SalemWitchChild
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM

We do K12 through OHVA. She's doing great. Since she works at home she doesn't get much chance to daydream. ;)

She's excited that she may get to go to Heartland this summer. It's a summer camp/outdoor learning place.

toopicky429
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM
My kids go to public school, but since you homeschool I have a question. :)
My son is in kindergarten. We read to him, and work with flash cards. He is still struggling at school. Mostly it's his classroom environment. Do you have any recommendations of things I can do at home (more than what I already am doing) to help him with his reading and letter sounds? His teacher's recommendations were all things we have been doing. I have incorporated learning games on my iPhone that seem to help, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

We do K12 through OHVA. She's doing great. Since she works at home she doesn't get much chance to daydream. ;)

She's excited that she may get to go to Heartland this summer. It's a summer camp/outdoor learning place.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SalemWitchChild
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I think what you're doing is great, but there are also a lot of free resources online. Time4learning is not free but is affordable at $20 a month and has lesson plans.

Here's a couple other websites to try. Also just search free homeschool and lots of websites come up.

http://www.schoolexpress.com/

http://www.tlsbooks.com/kindergartenworksheets.htm

Quoting toopicky429:

My kids go to public school, but since you homeschool I have a question. :)
My son is in kindergarten. We read to him, and work with flash cards. He is still struggling at school. Mostly it's his classroom environment. Do you have any recommendations of things I can do at home (more than what I already am doing) to help him with his reading and letter sounds? His teacher's recommendations were all things we have been doing. I have incorporated learning games on my iPhone that seem to help, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN