Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Vacation - good places not overly commercialized?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
  • 8 Replies
Dh wants to go to Florida since his parents have a place down there we could stay for free. But, 13-16 hours is more than I'd like to drive with a crying 8 month old.

Suggestions that are around 4-6 hours, relatively cheap, and not too touristy? I prefer hang out and relax vacations. No beach necessary. We do like to camp!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
liveforever
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

When I was younger I went on vacation to Kentucky a few times with my friends family. It was Somerset, near lake Cumberland. Beautiful area. We stayed in a condo complex that people rented out during the summer. It was so much fun and really laid back. We would go to Cumberland Falls, take the boat out on the lake, we even went to Mammoth Caves.

There are tons of places to stay in the area...cabins, hotels, to camping. We left from the Cleveland area and it was around 6 1/2 hours...Im not sure what part youd be leaving from.

Boobah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I am about 45 minutes from Cincinnati and Kentucky so it would take about 3-4 hours I think :) thanks!

Quoting liveforever:

When I was younger I went on vacation to Kentucky a few times with my friends family. It was Somerset, near lake Cumberland. Beautiful area. We stayed in a condo complex that people rented out during the summer. It was so much fun and really laid back. We would go to Cumberland Falls, take the boat out on the lake, we even went to Mammoth Caves.

There are tons of places to stay in the area...cabins, hotels, to camping. We left from the Cleveland area and it was around 6 1/2 hours...Im not sure what part youd be leaving from.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Bump

MJP76
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

There are plenty of cabins out in the woods in the Ohio/WV area... With zip lining, and hiking...although, I personally wouldn't want to do it in cold weather..lol

I'm always headed for warmer climates....

Adams_Rib
by Katie on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
We like Hueston woods and they have a beach :)

other ideas: cliffy falls, brown co IN, Cumberland, Hocking hills
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Brown county is beautiful. We like to go in the fall when the leaves are all changing!

Quoting Adams_Rib:

We like Hueston woods and they have a beach :)

other ideas: cliffy falls, brown co IN, Cumberland, Hocking hills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not ready to go yet, just thinking ahead :) I am not sure when we would go, probably may before the schools let out.

Quoting MJP76:

There are plenty of cabins out in the woods in the Ohio/WV area... With zip lining, and hiking...although, I personally wouldn't want to do it in cold weather..lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MJP76
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

A cabin in the smokey mountains is a beautiful vaca.. Although, that's probably more of a drive than you want. We went zip lining in the smokey mountains.... So invigorating!

Quoting Boobah:

I'm not ready to go yet, just thinking ahead :) I am not sure when we would go, probably may before the schools let out.

Quoting MJP76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)