Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 3-8

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son just failed his first ever test.He is in 3rd grade.What do you tell you child when he fails at something?Weather it be  a test or sport?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Misha1204
by Misha on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say something like, "Did you try your best? Sometimes it happens, but not something that should happen all the time. If you have questions or need help...ask. I want you to always do your best at anything you do. How can we make this better for the next time?"

artistmom27
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I would ask if he tried his best. If he said yes, I would ask him where he thinks he went wrong. I would go over the information he missed on the test and then retest him when we were comfortable with his knowledge. Then I would have him go ask for a retest, if he was turned down, I would tell him to just try harder next time and help him prep for it. 

MJP76
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM

How did he do when you helped him study for it?

mem82
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM
This

Quoting artistmom27:

I would ask if he tried his best. If he said yes, I would ask him where he thinks he went wrong. I would go over the information he missed on the test and then retest him when we were comfortable with his knowledge. Then I would have him go ask for a retest, if he was turned down, I would tell him to just try harder next time and help him prep for it. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Was he surprised?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)