Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group, need some help please! Cincinnati area moms perhaps?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

My family and I are moving to the Cincinnati area in about a month (from California!), he job will be in the Norwood area. I need some help and info regarding good neighborhoods, things to do, dance/gymnastics/karate/soccer lessons, etc. I intend to enroll my oldest DD (age 5) in a private school in Springboro, so I need to know where to look for houses somewhere between Norwood and Springboro.

Any other info you could give me would be fantastic! Thanks!

Also, if you live in that area, maybe we could be friends! =)

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
artistmom27
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Hi,

I am from California originally so I still don't know much about the region, but I did want to say hello :)

LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:26 PM

=) how did you end up in Ohio? Are you living in the cincinnati area? How long have you lived there?

Quoting artistmom27:

Hi,

I am from California originally so I still don't know much about the region, but I did want to say hello :)

artistmom27
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I left Cali because raising my son in Los Angeles county wasn't condusive for the plans I had for him, and while going to college in TN, my long time friend started courting me and when spring semester of 2011 was over, we moved in together and I have been here ever since. I live in Centerville, a straight shot up i-75.

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

=) how did you end up in Ohio? Are you living in the cincinnati area? How long have you lived there?

Quoting artistmom27:

Hi,

LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Good for you! Hope its going well for you =) How old is your son?

Quoting artistmom27:

I left Cali because raising my son in Los Angeles county wasn't condusive for the plans I had for him, and while going to college in TN, my long time friend started courting me and when spring semester of 2011 was over, we moved in together and I have been here ever since. I live in Centerville, a straight shot up i-75.

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

Quoting artistmom27:

Hi,

RobinChristine
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly the only thing I know about Cinccinnati is the theme park,Kings Island.They have a great zoo and  a professional football and baseball team, I live in Toledo(about 2 hours north) and have only been there once over 20 years ago

artistmom27
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM

It has been going well with the exception of the snow, but my little one has been enjoying it. lol he is 5 right now :)

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

Good for you! Hope its going well for you =) How old is your son?

Quoting artistmom27:

Quoting LoveTragedyFun:

Quoting artistmom27:

Hi,

Misha1204
by Misha on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I'm not in Cincinati, but I hope you find answers...

mem82
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM
I am in Columbus, about 90 minutes away. We have moms from that area, though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM

You do know that Cinnci is about 3 1/2 hrs from Toledo right? You must not be from Ohio originally. (not to be rude or anything)

Quoting RobinChristine:

Honestly the only thing I know about Cinccinnati is the theme park,Kings Island.They have a great zoo and  a professional football and baseball team, I live in Toledo(about 2 hours north) and have only been there once over 20 years ago

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

There is an awesome zoo in Cinci, Kings Island, Cinci Bengals, Cinci Reds, etc. You'll really like the area. There's a lot of culture in Cinci. I'm from the Cleveland Area but my SIL and BIL used to live in Cinci.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)