Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Yuck! I am getting my other wisdom tooth pulled today.

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM
  • 13 Replies
When was the last time you went to the dentist?
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I went to the dentist last Tuesday. I'm scheduled to have all 4 of mine extracted at the end of the month. Not looking forward to it at all. 

mem82
by Representative on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Are they impacted or are they at least out of the gum? My top two came in, but at angles so they were pressed against my cheeks. It's really not too painful to have them removed.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I went to the dentist last Tuesday. I'm scheduled to have all 4 of mine extracted at the end of the month. Not looking forward to it at all. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Mine have been exposed and being used since I was 22...lol

They never gave me a problem for 18 years. They fit fine and were nice and straight, but they started to have large chips which was making it painful. When I went to the dentist, he told me that they will continue to chip until they break and it would be best to remove them. So remove them I will...lol

Quoting mem82:

Are they impacted or are they at least out of the gum? My top two came in, but at angles so they were pressed against my cheeks. It's really not too painful to have them removed.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

mem82
by Representative on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

That's what happened to mine, basically. I will give you hope. I haven't used anything stronger than Tylenol this time or the last time. It doesn't hurt to get them out, though there is a lot of a *tugging* sensation. The worst part for me is having my face numb and drooling on myself. LOL My kids have radar for drool and keep making fun of me. 8)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

They never gave me a problem for 18 years. They fit fine and were nice and straight, but they started to have large chips which was making it painful. When I went to the dentist, he told me that they will continue to chip until they break and it would be best to remove them. So remove them I will...lol

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 12, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I hope so. I was in excuriating pain last week when it first started hurting. So bad that he prescribed me a really strong pain medication. Sigh.

I elected to have the IV and be asleep when I have it done. Im just worried about the recovery part.

Quoting mem82:

That's what happened to mine, basically. I will give you hope. I haven't used anything stronger than Tylenol this time or the last time. It doesn't hurt to get them out, though there is a lot of a *tugging* sensation. The worst part for me is having my face numb and drooling on myself. LOL My kids have radar for drool and keep making fun of me. 8)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting mem82:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

sarahbell811
by Sarah on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

I was at the dentist in April. I had my top 2 widsom teeth removed a couple of years ago...wasn't too bad.

GodsGirl74
Time to get some laundry done while the kidos finish up school. Whats everyone up to today??
Yesterday at 1:34 PM
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM

its been way to long.......... good luck with the wisdom tooth

mem82
by Representative on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I keep forgetting to not chew on that side. 8(

Shelly123
by Mshele on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE HAVING TWO WISDOM TEETH REMOVED.   FACE WAS SWOLLEN FOR A WEEKS ,THIRD DAY I WAS ASK TO STAY HOME BY MY SUPERVISOR.  THEN I COULDNT OPEN MY MOUTH WIDE ENOUGH TO EAT FOR THREE WEEKS,  JUST SOUP, BROTH.  IT WAS HORRIBLE.   

C-K-Csmom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM
It's been a few months since I went to the dentist. I had all my wisdom teeth removed at the same time about 5 years ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)