Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cincinnati moms,advice please

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

We are rom Toledo. Mid August we will be coming down  to cincinnati for a family vacation. We will have 4 whole days and a   half day. We difinately want to do Kings Island,should this be one day or two? What are the lines like?  I am doing the planning,I am also thnking zoo,Coney island and the duck ride.Newport DucksIf Kings Island is a one day adventure what is something we can do to fill in the day? the zoo and duck ride will take a day as will  Coney Island. Thanks for the help.

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mjp2707
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
The Newport aquarium is right next to where you pay to ride the ducks. Plan on stopping by Tom+Chee. It is right next to the aquarium and a perfect lunch spot for families. Not to mention all the national attention they are getting. Be prepared you usually wait about 20 mins for food and a table. You can't come to cincy without having graeters ice cream. Locations are all over the city. Line can be long at KI. If you can go on a weekday you will enjoy it much more. The zoo is a all day trip. We have a good size zoo. It is pretty hilly so you may want to use a stroller or sling for younger kids.

I have been to other cities museums centers and I can say union terminals children's museum is on of the best. You wouldn't be disappointed there either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjp2707
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
If you have older kids or want to sneak away for a dinner date check out "A Tavola. " it is a wood fire pizza place that is fantastic. It is located downtown.

If you enjoy nature The Cincinnati Nature Center at Rowe Woods is a beautiful place to have adventures with your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjp2707
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Washington Park has a fun free splash area for
Kids. It is downtown.

Woodland mound is a great
Water area for kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinChristine
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Thanks Mjp,I have a 17YO special needs son. He keeps asking for the zoo,I hope we can enjoy your zoo without taxing him.

prettyinpink2
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We like the Reds games

Mommy2justone
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I would give KI a whole day, first half rides, second half water park. 

Mommy2justone
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Make sure you get the train ride pass, it is nice to ride that after walking around for a while. 

Quoting RobinChristine:

Thanks Mjp,I have a 17YO special needs son. He keeps asking for the zoo,I hope we can enjoy your zoo without taxing him.

mjp2707
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
They do offer special rides for those who need it. It is like a golf Cart. They could give you a ride up a hill. Maybe call ahead of time see how they could accommodate you We have never used it. Guest services will give my first zoo trip stickers. Get there a little before 10 so you can park in The main parking lot. It fills fast even though it is huge. It can be hard to find the other lots if you are not familiar with the area.

Quoting RobinChristine:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)