Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

How many moms get to work from home???

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 13 Replies

Eight years ago I had my first daughter...I worked so much (single mom) and I missed out on so much time with her! One of my goals has always been to work from home and have a home based business or at least work independently so I can create a schedule around my children. I am now going to be married in a few months and we just had a beautiful little girl a month ago. I feel blessed that I have the opportunity to work from home and be with my girls. 

In the fall I will be renewing my esthetic license and incorporating my work from home business into the services I provide as an esthetician. 

Feeling very blesssed!! Loving life!! Now if I could only learn how to cook....  :) :) 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Not I

GodsGirl74
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

cool job, & no I am a SAHM, wish there was something I cld do at home that doesnt invovle selling crap.

krbergman77
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

SAHM & loving it. I work for a direct sales company,to keep me a little busy & not go stir crazy while the kids are in school!!!

DirtyHippyMama
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM

That is awesome! I worked from home the first year

DirtyHippyMama
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Now I just work 2 days a week and a few Saturdays a month. 

BTW My name is Caroline too :) 

JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I work from home, I'm a project manager at a bank based in Charlotte, NC. I moved there for a job and lived there for a year while DH lived here to sell the house and we couldn't. So I tried to quit and move back home, but my boss didn't want me to go so she offered me a different position working from home. I couldn't pass that up! The only downside is that I occasionally have to travel, which was fine before I had kids. Now it's harder, but I've told them that I can only be gone a max of 3 days and they have been good about that.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

You guys are both Caroline and I'm Carolyn! I go by Carrie for short though.

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

Now I just work 2 days a week and a few Saturdays a month. 

BTW My name is Caroline too :) 

shajdinyak
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I have worked very part time 8 hours a week outside the home since my five year old was born. She starts full day kindergarten this year. I was offered more part time 20 hours and could bring my two year old to preschool with me. It is four hours every morning. Now I am trying to decide! It is Abe extra$600 a month but am I ready to be away from my two year old every morning? I feel guilty since I spent five years with my oldest:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Representative on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I am a sahm, too. It sounds like a good compromise for you!
mem82
by Representative on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
What exactly do you do?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN