Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Direct Sales business

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 18 Replies
Is or has anyone been a consultant for a direct sales business? (Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Thirty One) I am looking into it and would love any and all input you could give me. Thanks!
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunCrazy
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Bump!
Bwebb
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Hey there. I just started up with an amazing direct sales company - PM me and I will give you more details! I am on the ground floor of Rodan + Fields and I am set up to make a fortune!! I'd love to tell you more about how - just send me a message! ~Barbara

Khanfan
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

I've tried a bunch.  The secret is that only 2% of all the people who get into these businesses do well.  Weather or not you are in that 2 % depends on your ability and willingness to sell to every one and anyone you meet.  I have a hard time talking to one stranger let alone a whole room full.  People have  done it, so it's really dependent on your personality.  Best wishes to you.  And what did you decide? it's been about 1 month since your original post.

SunCrazy
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Thanks for your input. I know it's a very individual experience and you get out of it what you put in. For two years I have been a SAHM and now feel like I need to do something to meet people and earn a little money. I've never considered myself to be outgoing and don't want to be a bother about buying something. My love for bags led me to Thirty-One. I have yet to book a party, so we'll see how it goes.

Quoting Khanfan:

I've tried a bunch.  The secret is that only 2% of all the people who get into these businesses do well.  Weather or not you are in that 2 % depends on your ability and willingness to sell to every one and anyone you meet.  I have a hard time talking to one stranger let alone a whole room full.  People have  done it, so it's really dependent on your personality.  Best wishes to you.  And what did you decide? it's been about 1 month since your original post.

SunCrazy
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
What kind of products do they offer, I have never heard of it.

Quoting Bwebb:

Hey there. I just started up with an amazing direct sales company - PM me and I will give you more details! I am on the ground floor of Rodan + Fields and I am set up to make a fortune!! I'd love to tell you more about how - just send me a message! ~Barbara

cat1622
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

This is the company that makes Proactive skincare so it os along those lines. 

Quoting SunCrazy:

Quoting Bwebb:

Cynthia A. Tackett (CAT)
cynthiatackett@gmail.com  
www.facebook.com/purelybalancedwomen
www.facebook.com/itworkscynthiatackett

cat1622
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been with several over the years. I agree with Khanfan that you do have to be someone who is outgoing and not afraid to tell people about your business. I've failed at every single one I've done except the one I'm with most recently and this one is what is going to be my income when I retire from the Air Force so it is working for me. You have to have a genuine passion for the product so you can sell that passion to your customers. In business like this it is 30% product and 70% you that people are buying into. There are plenty of other representatives/distributors for the business out there so you have to market yourself. Make yourself stand out above others. Use your team. Educate yourself from every angle you can. You cannot treat it like a hobby and do it for fun on the side and expect income. You have to work this just like a 9-5 job. 

Bwebb
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Doctors Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields did create Proactive in the 90's and that became the number 1 selling acne treatment WORLDWIDE! But Rodan + Fields is not the same company, although it was started be the same doctors.  Rodan + Fields makes anti aging products, sun damage products, acne (different from proactive) products, and problem or irratated skin products as well as other things.  They make an incredible product that works and are only national at the moment, however in January they are going to launch in Canada and then from there who know??? Now is a great time to get in with this company - the potntial is huge!! PM me if you want more info! I'd love to tell you more and to get you started if you'd like! I have been doing it for 20 days and I already made a profit from my initial investment! And I'm still rolling!! 

Quoting SunCrazy:

Quoting Bwebb:

Bwebb
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM

This is true, and it's also why Rodan + Fields is an awesome option! They only have less than 30,000 consultants nationwide, and you would likely be the only one in your area! To put it in perspective, Pampered Chef has more than 500.000 consultants!! Getting in with Rodan + Fields now is like getting in with Pampered Chef when they started 20 years ago!! 

Quoting cat1622:

I've been with several over the years. I agree with Khanfan that you do have to be someone who is outgoing and not afraid to tell people about your business. I've failed at every single one I've done except the one I'm with most recently and this one is what is going to be my income when I retire from the Air Force so it is working for me. You have to have a genuine passion for the product so you can sell that passion to your customers. In business like this it is 30% product and 70% you that people are buying into. There are plenty of other representatives/distributors for the business out there so you have to market yourself. Make yourself stand out above others. Use your team. Educate yourself from every angle you can. You cannot treat it like a hobby and do it for fun on the side and expect income. You have to work this just like a 9-5 job. 

Aly-13
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a Scentsy consultant and I absolutely LOVE the product! Scentsy is amazing, it's flameless/ wickless candles. It's wax melted down by a light bulb and very safe with children and pets. There is also a Layers line thats bath and body products and products for you wahing machine and dryer. Please contact me if intersted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN