Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Direct Sales business

Posted by   + Show Post
Is or has anyone been a consultant for a direct sales business? (Pampered Chef, Tupperware, Thirty One) I am looking into it and would love any and all input you could give me. Thanks!
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Replies (11-18):
SunCrazy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Oh ok, thanks :)

Quoting Bwebb:

Doctors Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields did create Proactive in the 90's and that became the number 1 selling acne treatment WORLDWIDE! But Rodan + Fields is not the same company, although it was started be the same doctors.  Rodan + Fields makes anti aging products, sun damage products, acne (different from proactive) products, and problem or irratated skin products as well as other things.  They make an incredible product that works and are only national at the moment, however in January they are going to launch in Canada and then from there who know??? Now is a great time to get in with this company - the potntial is huge!! PM me if you want more info! I'd love to tell you more and to get you started if you'd like! I have been doing it for 20 days and I already made a profit from my initial investment! And I'm still rolling!! 

Quoting SunCrazy:

What kind of products do they offer, I have never heard of it.

Quoting Bwebb:

Hey there. I just started up with an amazing direct sales company - PM me and I will give you more details! I am on the ground floor of Rodan + Fields and I am set up to make a fortune!! I'd love to tell you more about how - just send me a message! ~Barbara

SunCrazy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Thanks for the info :)

Quoting cat1622:

I've been with several over the years. I agree with Khanfan that you do have to be someone who is outgoing and not afraid to tell people about your business. I've failed at every single one I've done except the one I'm with most recently and this one is what is going to be my income when I retire from the Air Force so it is working for me. You have to have a genuine passion for the product so you can sell that passion to your customers. In business like this it is 30% product and 70% you that people are buying into. There are plenty of other representatives/distributors for the business out there so you have to market yourself. Make yourself stand out above others. Use your team. Educate yourself from every angle you can. You cannot treat it like a hobby and do it for fun on the side and expect income. You have to work this just like a 9-5 job. 

SunCrazy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I have heard of Scentsy. I like candles and such but don't burn them much because I have a 2 year old. Nothing seems to be out of his reach.

Quoting Aly-13:

I am a Scentsy consultant and I absolutely LOVE the product! Scentsy is amazing, it's flameless/ wickless candles. It's wax melted down by a light bulb and very safe with children and pets. There is also a Layers line thats bath and body products and products for you wahing machine and dryer. Please contact me if intersted

tabithah2os
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Joining my Scentsy team is a great way to start earning some extra cash for the holidays or help you save for that dream vacation? You can be your own boss, set your own hours, earn rewards, and make friends!! I am truly dedicated to helping you succeed and will be there to offer all of the support I can and answer any questions along the way. Scentsy has been wonderful for me and allowed me to meet new people and reconnect with others. I love the joy I bring when I deliver a customer's new Scentsy as well as the experience of building my business and having it be my own. It's truly so exciting for me to have something like Scentsy in my life. Are you ready to be apart of my team? Do you know someone who would? Please contact me and lets start the conversation! https://tabithawaters.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Join

snb8604
by Sarah on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I sold Premier Designs Jewelry for 3 years and loved every minute of it. I did it on the side of my full time job for some extra cash. But had to stop when I started back to school because I just didn't have the extra time. It was a lot of fun! No inventory and the jewelry is so pretty!

kharp06
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I am in direct sales, I am a consultant for a company called Initial Outfitters, www.initialoutfitters.net/kimharp. I started my journey with direct sales in June (never thought I would be in direct sales). I have really loved it thus far. The women I network with have been a great support system and I fell that I have grown as a person. One recommendation I can give you is to do your research. There are thousands of direct sale companies so make sure and choose one that you are passionate about. If you don't love the products you sell you can't expect others to love them! I would be glad to chat with you anytime!

toopicky429
by Jackie on Dec. 12, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a DM with Arbonne, and after that sold Tastefully Simple for about a year. To make any money with any of them you have to build a team and a large clientele. I know people who make good money with home businesses, but they work a lot harder at it than they will tell you when they talk you into signing up.
love2lauughx09
by New Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I recently started a Mary Kay business and it is so much fun! If you would like more info, feel free to e-mail me, love2lauughx09@yahoo.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)