Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Do you lock your doors?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 30 Replies

All the stuff in the news has been so scary lately. Kidnappings, rapes, triple murders. It seems like the whole world, or Ohio at least has gone crazy.

I don't usually lock my door during the day but now, I am finding the house locked up tight. I don't even open the downstairs windows for fresh air, on the up stairs ones. 

I know I am probably being  paranoid, but I would much rather be safe than sorry.

Do you lock your doors during the day when  you are home? Do you lock your doors at night? 

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I didn't use to but I sure do now.  My neighborhood was once very safe.  Now we have some nutcase who has us on his list of windows to look into.

Lunarprancer
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I lock my doors day and night.

isaacsmommy68
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I used to work for the Sheriff Department. In a nice neighborhood! Lock your doors. We would have people go door to door and jiggle the handle to see if the door was unlocked. Windows on the first floor, lock at night! Yes it has gone crazy! I keep the screen door locked when I am home too.

johnny4ever
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Yes!Even when I walk down to Market!

fullxbusymom
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Nope never

johnny4ever
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM

My hubby leaves for work at 2pm and he has a habit of locking the door behind him!

sarahbell811
by Sarah on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yes, always. I live in a pretty safe town, but we have had a few things happen here. It's not so much paranoia, just habit really.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:04 AM

We always keep our doors locked day and night.

liveforever
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I lock doors when I leave or for the night...not when Im home though.

When I was in college I lived in a not so great neighborgood. We were always afraid of having our downstairs windows open.

azn_ladie82
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

My doors are locked all the time. My windows are open during the day if the crazy Ohio weather permits; at night I'll have them cracked with the lock if I want them open. My husband has me a little paranoid but he's prepared me just in case something does happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN