Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Places to stay overnight...

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 10 Replies

My husband and I want to go away overnight for our anniversary in September. I am having trouble coming up with ideas...we want to be somewhere fairly close, since it's just going to be an overnight thing. We are in the Akron/Canton area.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liveforever
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM

What types of things do you like to do? Are you looking for something more out of the city ...relaxing/romantic? Or in the city with lots to do?

When we lived in Akron we usually got a room at the Renaissance hotel downtown and would go to an Indians or Browns game. 

johnny4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Bump

sallij
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Wine tasting around Geneva-on-the-Lake
4music
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
The Riverside Inn in Pa. Their room/dinner theater/breakfast package is very inexpensive. http://www.theriversideinn.com
And Campbell Pottery is a just few minutes from there on your way to or from. http://www.campbellpotterystore.com/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahbell811
by Sarah on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Since it's only going to be one night, I was thinking something like a nice hotel..so we could do a nice dinner and then just have a night away.

Quoting liveforever:

What types of things do you like to do? Are you looking for something more out of the city ...relaxing/romantic? Or in the city with lots to do?

When we lived in Akron we usually got a room at the Renaissance hotel downtown and would go to an Indians or Browns game. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
PSar101
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Fairlawn/Montrose area has some nice hotels plus many restaurants to choose from for a nice dinner.
4music
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM

This could also be fun, but it may be farther than you're wanting to drive (guessing 3 hours or so).

4music
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Or...check out Chagrin Falls ...great little town for a mini retreat...lots of GREAT restaurants and little shops all in walking distance.

Also Bass Lake Tavern and Inn in Chardon

DirtyHippyMama
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

We love Pine Lakes lodge in Cambridge. It is a bit of a drive (around an hour or so) but we love it! 

DirtyHippyMama
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

They often have specials too 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN