Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you grocery shop? (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

I love grocery shopping. I make my lists based upon what I am making plus will add in a few 'just in case' extras.

I shop for 2 weeks, but lately (the last couple of months) I am finding that I am having to make more and more quick trips in between scheduled shopping days. Because of this, I am spending quite a bit more money than usual.

How often do you grocery shop? Do your supplies last until the next scheduled trip? How do you keep on track?

by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Deedah86
by Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Every two weeks after payday. I plan every meal and put every ingredient on the list as I make it. I am spending much less money planning meals and I havent let any food go bad. We know what we have and we eat leftovers all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Aug. 15, 2013 at 7:45 AM

We shop weekly and the fruits and veggies never last that week. Sometime we have to run back just for bananas and stuff like that. We do meal plan and we come up with a dinner idea for every night of the week and then add a few extras. We carryover to the next week the things we didn't use this week.

Adams_Rib
by Katie on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM

DH gets paid every two weeks and that's when we shop. We have a huge garden so fresh produce comes from there. 

NurseRapunzel
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I use groceryiq.com combined with coupons.com and make a list. I go about once a month with milk and produce run in between.

gumbeme06
by Sara on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
All of this

Quoting JoeyJrsMomma:

We shop weekly and the fruits and veggies never last that week. Sometime we have to run back just for bananas and stuff like that. We do meal plan and we come up with a dinner idea for every night of the week and then add a few extras. We carryover to the next week the things we didn't use this week.

Mom2tmk
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I shop every friday. My oldest helps me go thru the cabnets and see what we are out of and what we need more of

sarahbell811
by Sarah on Aug. 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

We shop every two weeks(payday). I plan out all meals, and everything usually lasts us the whole time. Sometimes I will have to run to the store for a few random things, like milk and bread

GleeFan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would love to have a garden just for this reason. 

Quoting Adams_Rib:

DH gets paid every two weeks and that's when we shop. We have a huge garden so fresh produce comes from there. 

SavdNSanctified
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I go to the grocery store every Friday. Sometimes I wait until Saturday. I get some things from our local farmer's markets on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I also buy a lot of things straight from my friend's farm randomly throughout the week, as needed.
Kaseykahneno1
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Once a month. DH gets paid twice a month but we got used to it being once a month in the army.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)