Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Athens, Meigs, Vinton, Hocking, Washington Counties - Do you live here?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

I'm in Athens county now. I work at OU and live in Coolville for now. I have to move out of the house we are in because the owners want to sell. Fortunately, the house I owned in AR before moving here finally sold so now we can buy again. I'm looking for homes in the listed areas so I am still not insanely far from work. 

I've lived here for a year and still don't know a lot of people. Most of that is my fault. I just don't go out looking for friends and when I'm to-from work I'm in uniform and don't like the "celebrity status" that comes with being in a military uniform in a non-military base so I I kind of hide. 

I can't really do play groups and stuff because I do work so I feel isolated in that regard as well. I'm not what I consider a "traditional mom" because I do wear a uniform and I do have to leave my kids for long periods of time to go sit in middle of a desert. It is really hard for me here because I'm use to a military base with others who understand this life. Here, nobody understands what being in the military really means so nobody can relate to me. 

Hmmm... my post to see who lived in my area turned into a vent session. I'd delete it but apparently I needed to get that off my chest. :)

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cat1622
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Really? Nobody is down south?

tobysmom103
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM

sorry im up north i live about 5 blocks away from lake erie

Jesann
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I'm from Meigs but I'll be moving as soon as I save up enough money.
Jesann
by New Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Do you like it up there? How are the schools?

Quoting tobysmom103:

sorry im up north i live about 5 blocks away from lake erie

tobysmom103
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

its like up here. my son has cerebral palsy and they have a lot of special needs programs and i live in sandusky so i live about 5 mintues from cedar point so thats always fun.

Jesann
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I've been thinking about moving to Sandusky. I have a child with sn and my area has very few resources and terrible schools. Would would you recommend living there? I'd like to live close to the water.

Quoting tobysmom103:

its like up here. my son has cerebral palsy and they have a lot of special needs programs and i live in sandusky so i live about 5 mintues from cedar point so thats always fun.

tobysmom103
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Quoting Jesann:

I've been thinking about moving to Sandusky. I have a child with sn and my area has very few resources and terrible schools. Would would you recommend living there? I'd like to live close to the water.

Quoting tobysmom103:

The teachers at Toby's school are very nice He goes to a regular preschool and I think There's only 3 other special needs kids in his class. I like living here because Theres a lot to do in Sandusky, It can be a little crowded though
CafeMom Tickers
SunCrazy
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I'm a good 3 hours north in Sandusky County. I feel for you, I have had a hard time making friends since becoming a mom.

Quoting cat1622:

Really? Nobody is down south?

lucille.bluth
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I'm in Ross. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)