Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Need advice :/

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
I can not get get my 6 yr boy and 4 yr girl to sleep in their beds all night long. What to do?

Here is a little back story to my situation.
All 3 of my kids would sleep all night in their own beds. In December of 2011 my husband and I moved to Ohio from Kentucky. The plan was we would stay with his parents for a few months until we could find our own place. In the mean time we all slept in one bedroom. We started our house looking and in February 2012 when my sister in law and her soon to be husband were killed in a car wreck. We decided to stop looking for a place of our own for a while because my in laws needed us. About a year later we felt like it would be ok to get our own place and we found one at the beginning of march of this year. Now I can not get the younger 2 to sleep all night in their own beds.

Help please!!!!
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
amonkeymom
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 2:36 PM

You can keep getting up and putting them back in their own beds or you can lay down some rules.... if they come into your room in the middle of the night, they need to bring a blanket and pillow and plan on sleeping on the floor.  No games, books or television after bedtime and before morning.

If your kids share a room, that might help them to be more comfortable in their own beds.

Adams_Rib
by Katie on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Just be constant! I always thought it was so hard to get my boys to stay in their bed, but it really was me not enforcing it :) working with my 2 year old now and it has only taken a few nights. 

erinjo21
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I agree About getting up and putting them back in there own bed... We had this problem with our now 10 yr old and thats how we broke it... we are now working on this with my 2 yr old.. Who always slept in his own be up until he was moved out of his crib

cassylu
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM

this is what works for me. Lay them down goodnight kisses ect ect. firts time out of the room take them by the hand walk them back to bed explain it is bed time and lay them down. second time walk them back say bedtime, lay them down. third time walk them back lay them down. after a few times they will sleep. it may take a few days to set in. good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN