Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

What do your day look like?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
  • 6 Replies

With kids back in school or about to be back in school, what do your days look like?

by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2tmk
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Get up, walk my middle dd to the bus stop, go home get my ds up showered breakfast and out the door with dad by 830. Relax for 30 min then get my oldest dd up so she can get chores done before her first class at 10. She is home schooled threw an online public school.   Then nothing till 3 when I leave to get the other 2 from school and cross country practice.

Khanfan
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm exausted from reading that.

Quoting Mom2tmk:

Get up, walk my middle dd to the bus stop, go home get my ds up showered breakfast and out the door with dad by 830. Relax for 30 min then get my oldest dd up so she can get chores done before her first class at 10. She is home schooled threw an online public school.   Then nothing till 3 when I leave to get the other 2 from school and cross country practice.

Khanfan
by Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 7:33 PM

My last child is home schooled.  We were starting the school year yesterday and at the last minute we found out we were going to help at the soup kitchen serving lunch.  So we had a "social studies field trip" as the first day of the seventh grade.  Because she has always had a tough time going to sleep at night, she has promised that starting Monday she will be ready for school at 10am.  My dh has the car so I stay home and clean what I can, dishes, laundry, bathrooms.

boonie594
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Get up at 6 so I can have coffee and read the paper while my 16 yr old showers and gets ready for school. Wake up the 5 yr old to get ready for school too.  Leave at 7 to drive 23 minutes to the high school and then back. Take the little one to school at 8:10. THEN get ready to go to work at 11.  Evenings are homework, dishes, baths and if I am lucky I can spend some time with the hubby before I fall into bed exhausted.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Get up at 6 and get ready, get the kids up by 6:20 and get them dressed and ready. Leave by 6:45, get them to daycare by 7, get home by 7:30. I work 7:30-4:30, and work has been awful. I haven't actually taken a lunch in the last few months, my coworker quit and my boss quit all within the last week so I am on my own and we have a huge project going on right now. Leave work at 4:30 and go pick up the kids, get home at 5:15. If I can, I eat some dinner, but lately I've been working until 7pm. Play with the kids as much as I can before the youngest goes to bed at 8 and my oldest to bed at 9.

karone04
by Member on Aug. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Get up around 6 am. Get Monkey up and ready for school. Leave here around 7:40 am to get him to school in time for breakfast if he doesn't eat it while here. Walk back towards home after he gets in line. After I get home I can either go back to sleep or whatever I want. Around 2:20 I leave to pick him up. He gets out and has a snack on our way home. After he gets home I go through his bag and then he starts his homework if he has any. We live about 1 mile from the school. So while he has to walk 2 miles I have to walk 4. Luckily if it is bad weather and my mom doesn't work she will take him and pick him up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)