Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

I am refusing to turn on my furnace!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 7 Replies
How about you?
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Me to!

Elementaryboys2
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Me too

tiredmomfor2
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Our is still off.
we are installing a new bigger propane tank this year. It wont be here for a couple more week. Our heat pump is still very much functional. But..We refuse to use it. It is so darn expensive.
The last few years we have used our small propane heater 80% of the time to heat the house..and used the heat pump at night when it is really cool.
If I had my way we would take every bit of the central air/heat pump out of the house and use window air and propane heat.
This new tank is one step closer to that..so...yay!
mem82
by Representative on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM
How big is your house? I thought heat pumps were very cost effective.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Our is still off.

we are installing a new bigger propane tank this year. It wont be here for a couple more week. Our heat pump is still very much functional. But..We refuse to use it. It is so darn expensive.

The last few years we have used our small propane heater 80% of the time to heat the house..and used the heat pump at night when it is really cool.

If I had my way we would take every bit of the central air/heat pump out of the house and use window air and propane heat.

tiredmomfor2
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1200 Sq ft.
Our heat is as cost effective as they let on.
We were getting four and five hundred dollar electric bills the first few years we lived here. Hubby put a small propane heater in the third winter we lived here. It brought the electric bill down a lot. Plus we can heat the house for the whole winter with the propane for less than Two hundred. We have slowly moved to using it more and more.

Quoting mem82:

How big is your house? I thought heat pumps were very cost effective.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Our is still off.

JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Me too!

bubs57
by New Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

It will be awhile before I want hert, I am still sleeping with a fan & even had the air on today. Afraid to open windows our allergies have been so bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)