Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

Child Custody Question!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

Anyone here from Ohio? If so, did you have to fight for custody of your child after you gave the husband shared custody? There is an agreement with my son's father for shared parenting. It was 50-50 but I'm doing 99% of everything. I can prove what I've been doing and when I go to court that's what they want, right? The thing is, I'm not sure if I need a laywer or not.

He also stole his social security card and mine as well to claim us on his taxes and file for welfare. Is there a way I can stop that?

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tiffa5ny
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM
99.9% of the time the courts want both parents in the picture. You will definitely have to fight to have those rights taken away and unless you can prove him an unfit parent, it's highly unlikely they will revoke his rights without him willingly signing them over.
Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

yes, you can let the IRS know, they will have you fill out a form and as soon as his taxes get put through it will be red flagged. 

As far as welfare goes, go down to the Dept of Job and Family Services (welfare dept) and ask to speak with a Supervisor and file fraud paperwork.

As far as needing a Lawyer... with everything that he's doing, I suggest a lawyer. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM

He won't be able to willingly sign over rights unless she's been re-married for at least a year and her new husband will adopt. Ohio doesn't allow parents to sign over rights unless there is a danger to the child.

Quoting tiffa5ny: 99.9% of the time the courts want both parents in the picture. You will definitely have to fight to have those rights taken away and unless you can prove him an unfit parent, it's highly unlikely they will revoke his rights without him willingly signing them over.

tiffa5ny
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Well that's intriguing to know. My husbands ex has been after his rights for 12 years and she just got married last September

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

He won't be able to willingly sign over rights unless she's been re-married for at least a year and her new husband will adopt. Ohio doesn't allow parents to sign over rights unless there is a danger to the child.

Quoting tiffa5ny: 99.9% of the time the courts want both parents in the picture. You will definitely have to fight to have those rights taken away and unless you can prove him an unfit parent, it's highly unlikely they will revoke his rights without him willingly signing them over.

NurseRapunzel
by Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I dont know- wasnt married to my kids dad but my husband easily adopted my boys.  

firefay
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Quick Google search
http://www.ohiolegalservices.org/public/legal_problem/family-law/child-custody/change-of-custody-fact-sheet/clas-change-of-custody-fact-sheet.pdf

http://singleparents.about.com/od/childcustodylaws/a/ohio_child_custody_laws.htm

http://cordellcordell.com/resources/ohio/ohio-child-custody-questions/

I don't know how to make them clicky.
Pagan_Mommy84
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:36 AM
I suggest contacting the walefare office and letting them know the full situation first off..then go to your clerk of courts. They'll point you in the right direction to file for custody, and you'll want a lawyer
Pagan_Mommy84
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Tiffany is right, but if you have the LO that much more and handle everything, they very well may grant primary custody and give him visitations

Pagan_Mommy84
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Ugh...I meant IRS :-)

Quoting Pagan_Mommy84: I suggest contacting the walefare office and letting them know the full situation first off..then go to your clerk of courts. They'll point you in the right direction to file for custody, and you'll want a lawyer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)