Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ohio Moms Ohio Moms

It has been approved-snow days

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

The Governor of Ohio approved to add four more days to the snow days.  But I guess for only a few schools.  I know Akron schools for the extra days but the school my minions go to, which is the distinct next to Akron schools did not.  So we are making up days and homework

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Apr. 8, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Our district did get a few approved, but they used more than that. Starting yesterday, they are extending school by 30 mins each day to make up the rest of the time.

summerlove3677
by Mrs Norman Reedus on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Quoting JoeyJrsMomma:

Our district did get a few approved, but they used more than that. Starting yesterday, they are extending school by 30 mins each day to make up the rest of the time.

before he signed the bill to give us the four extra days, we went three days over the original days. I think those four days should be applied to our overage, you know?

toopicky429
by Jackie on Apr. 8, 2014 at 2:32 PM
Our district was approved for one extra day. We had 4 built into the calendar, but are doing blizzard bags for the 3 days we were not approved for.
JoeyJrsMomma
by Carrie on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:32 AM

For our school district those were applied. I think we were allowed 4 but we used 11. So once they took off the additional 4 we still had to make up 3 days. They did blizzard bags to get the assignments home to start working on them and then they are extending the school day by 30 mins to make up the time.

Quoting summerlove3677:

Quoting JoeyJrsMomma:

before he signed the bill to give us the four extra days, we went three days over the original days. I think those four days should be applied to our overage, you know?

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
We got approved too but instead of making up the 4 days we only make up 1 (go til June 2nd) and the kids had to do 3 days worth of blizzard bags.
momtoBrenna
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 7:56 AM

My dd's school is a charter so they already use an hours based system. They had 11 extra days worth of hours built in and they missed exactly 11 days worth so they don't have to make anything up. Next school year, the entire state is switching to the hours based system. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)