Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relocating to Dayton hopefully

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2017 at 4:44 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hello everyone I'm new to the group.Im looking to relocate to the Dayton are preferably or near by. I'm looking for a three bedroom asking for any suggestions on finding options far as websites newspaper whatever I'm running out of options as I been looking online @ hotpads.com and Craigslist. Anything would be greatly appreciated thank you all.
by on Jul. 15, 2017 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
karone04
by Member on Jul. 23, 2017 at 8:13 PM

I live in Huber Heights. Do not rent from Vinebrook or Zimmerman Realty. Both suck when it comes to repairs. Unfortunately both Fairborn and Huber Heights schools are not good when it comes to kids being bullies. Huber Heights is at the state minimum for busing. That means if you are under 2 miles from the school you have to either drive your kids or let them walk/bike. With Riverside I only know that they are open enrollment. I am going to try and enroll my son there sometime this week.

As far as Entertainment around here that I know of we have:

The Rose Music Center here in Huber, Kroger Aquatic Center in Huber

Air Force Museum in Riverside

Thomas Cloud Park (has a splash pad, tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball fields, soccer fields, and play areas for kids) on the Huber/Riverside border

Taylorsville Dam in between Huber and Vandalia has trails you can hike

Charleston Falls (north of us, can't remember what city it is in) has trails you can hike

Carriage Hill (a farm that they show how people would make stuff the old way and they have animals)

Young's Jersey Dairy Farm near the biking trails that go from Xenia to Yellow Springs

Clifton Mill (great resteraunt that serves big portions open all year long but gets really busy around christmas because they have light displays all around)

Clifton Gorge, Glen Helen in Yellow Springs are 2 parks that have hiking trails and close to the biking trails

Kings Island near Cincinatti is a amusement park

Jungle Jim's International Market in Fairfield (original store) and Cincinatti is a unique grocery store that sells different food from all over the world.

caustinb
by Member on Jul. 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM
I'd go to either Xenia, Yellow Springs, Centerville or Kettering myself. They all surround Dayton. Yellow Springs would be hard and pricey. The others, not so much, but you have to pay attention to what schools you woukd be zoned to. If you are open to a little more of a commute, Springboro is nice also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)