Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite Places to Go for Skiing and Winter Sports in Colorado

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Amy
  • 26 Replies

Where are your favorite places to go for skiing and other winer sports in Colorado?

Which places do you recommend?

If you have pictures, please share them!

Arapahoe Basin

Join us in the  Colorado Moms group!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM

We don't, lol.  I have never gotten into it too much and DH is from Texas and refuses to try it!  If we did though we would go to Steamboat because it is closest to us. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I don't hubby does he goes to copper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scurnes
by Sara on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM
Loveland. I pretty much grew up there cause I was on the race team. Haven't been up in a while though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Amy on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I don't ski either.  I have family in Steamboat who are always trying to get us up there for lessons, but I don't relish the idea of Rabbit Ears pass in the snow.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

We don't, lol.  I have never gotten into it too much and DH is from Texas and refuses to try it!  If we did though we would go to Steamboat because it is closest to us. 

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

The first time we went over Rabbit Ears pass was in the snow pulling a flat bed trailer.  There wasn't a lot of snow but enough for us to say never again with the trailer!  It would take longer but you could always come to Rifle then go up through Meeker and Craig and over to Steamboat. 

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I don't ski either.  I have family in Steamboat who are always trying to get us up there for lessons, but I don't relish the idea of Rabbit Ears pass in the snow.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

sarahjz
by Sarah on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I haven't been skiing in several years, but I want to start going again when the little ones are older.  I've been to Monarch, Winter Park, Loveland and Copper Mountain.  I've also been to Breckenridge when there's no snow.  ;0)

ktinaza
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Telluride~

ColoradoParent
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Monarch is a nice little slope that has several runs for all skiing and snowboarding levels.  Never so busy that you have to wait long for the lifts and is easy access to the lodge.

livn4hevn
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Breck, Winter Park, Copper or Monarch. We usually stick to those. I can't afford Vail/Aspen...lol

Mommy4000
by Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Aspen or Breckenridge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)